Chapter 7

Miranda left and Samuel came in

Miranda left and Samuel came in. "I am not mad," I started by telling him the truth.

"You're not?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not, I'm happy for you and Ilara. You make a great couple," I told him and he winced.

"Yeah about that. We're not together, I don't see her like that," he said and and I frowned.

"But I saw you..."

"You can have a one night stand," he told me and I scoffed.

"More like a one day stand," I muttered and he rolled his eyes.

"She is a great person, why are you not together?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't like her like that. She is a great person I agree but not so she can be my girlfriend."

"But she is good enough to fuck once and leave?! Samuel I don't understand you, there was obviously something between at the beach and you had to see something in her to fuck her but that's not enough to be in a relationship?" I rambled and he sighed.

"I did not come here for an interrogation by you, I came here to make sure you were alright. I could here you sobbing from the other side of the house," he told me and I sighed.

"I'm fine Samuel, but I just want to tell you that you can't get any better than Ilara," I said and he nodded.

"Okay." He walked out and Gavino walked in.

I looked him up and down and he gave me a glare. His hair looked wet so I assumed he showered but he looked really mad. "You could've died," he stated and I nodded.

"Yes and? I can die doing things everyday. I'm in the mafia if you didn't know," I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Julieta I'm serious," he said and frowned.

"You don't think I was? If I would've died right then and there it wouldn't have made much of a difference," I spoke and he widened his eyes.

"What the hell are you saying? Of course it would make a difference, everyone here would miss you!" he exclaimed and I sighed.

"Not everyone, I'm just in the way."

"Not true."

"Yes it is."

"How are you in the way?!"

"Stop it Gavino, you don't know me, you don't know what I go through everyday," I told him and he frowned.

"Then let me get to know you, explain. What has happened or what happens everyday?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I'm not telling you shit," I said and he sighed.

"Julieta, you are valuable to everyone here. People would be so devastated if you died. Whatever has happened is something you can get through right?"

"You don't understand."