Chapter 9

Ilara cried in my arms and we sat down on the bathroom floor

Ilara cried in my arms and we sat down on the bathroom floor. She didn't seem like the type that cried a lot but like I said we all have our problems in this house.

"What's going on with Samuel?" I asked after she had calmed down a little. She wiped the tars under her eyes.

"He doesn't want me," she whispered and I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked back and she sniffled.

"When we slept together I thought that meant he actually liked me but apparently he doesn't want anything serioius and it was just a one time thing. But I really liked him," she told me and I hug her again.

"I'll talk to him, he's an ass and you deserve better. You deserve someone who wants you for you and who will always be there for you, Ilara. You deserve the best and obviously my brother can't be the best for you so don't bother," I said and she nodded.

"Thanks J."

~~~~

I slammed his office door open. "What the hell have you done to Ilara?!" I exclaimed angrily.

He sighed and I sat down across from him. "Has she come crying to you?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You're an ass Samuel. She thought you liked her and you just used her for sex. What do you think will happen when you have your meetings and trainings?! She will take her anger out in the trainings on you," I told him and tried to keep my anger in check.

"Go down to the ball, we can talk about this later," he said and I frowned.

"No, this is just your way of dismissing me so we don't have to talk about it. Samuel, you really hurt her," I spoke and he stood up.

"Julieta, I need you to leave now," he told me and I sighed.

"You really messed up," I said and then got up and left him.

I walked back down to the ball and saw Luca and Noemi dancing. She looked so happy. But Miranda was standing in a corner watching Manuele dance with Cecilia.

I walked up to her and hugged her. "How are you?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I thought he had noticed something because when we worked together I tried to leave some clues, but I guess he didn't pick up on them or he just doesn't want to," she answered and I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"He's an ass if he can't realize what a catch you are. You deserve better," I told her and it was the second time today that I had to tell someone that. Why is everyone so guy obsessed?

I think we all just need to focus on this mission. Alba came up to us and she looked really happy. "Did you dance with Enrico?" I asked and she nodded.

"I think we might actually become something," she responded and I smiled.