Chapter 15

My mother picked me up as Samuel was yelling at the little boy

My mother picked me up as Samuel was yelling at the little boy. He screamed some bad words in Spanish and my father dragged him away. "Gavino!" I heard someone yell and run up to him.

Gavino.

Gavino.

Gavino.

I woke up shaking. Gavino is the little boy. He's the boy. He probably fucking knew and didn't tell me. He's the little boy. Se solo sapessi quanto sei carino.

I stood up, put on some clothes and walked down the hall to Gavino's room. I didn't care if he was sleeping I was getting answers.

I knocked on his door but opened it a second after. "Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked and smiled at me. Right he doesn't know I'm mad he's still thinking about the kiss.

His breath fanned over my face. I looked up into his eyes. Those green eyes that melted my heart.

"Let me go," I whispered, even though I didn't want to but he couldn't know that.

"No," he whispered back and his grip on my waist tightened.

I could feel the burn of his hands. The burn only he gave me when he touched me. His lips came closer to mine and slowly he pressed them against mine.

I glared at him and he frowned. "What's wrong?" he asked another question and I closed the door behind me.

"Se solo sapessi quanto sei carino," I said and he widened his eyes. His reaction was all I needed to know. I stormed out of his room and heard him yell after me.

"Julieta, wait! Julieta!" he yelled but I walked back to my room and closed the door. He entered a second later. "Julieta, just please listen to me," he said and I turned around to look at him.

"Did you know?!" I asked him and was trying not to explode on him. "Did you know two years ago that I was the same girl, Gavino?! Did you know!?" I yelled at him and he took a step closer.

"Yes I'm sorry, Julieta but just I thought it was for the best..."

"How dare you make that decision for me?! You told me that when we met again you would tell me the exact second, but you didn't." I was still fuming and stepped back to get away from him.

"It had been so long I wasn't sure if you even remembered and Samuel beat me up last time so I figured that it wasn't smart and you hated me!" he explained and tried to reach for me but I stepped back again.

"If you would've told me I would've just been happy. But you chose to keep it from me and I'm as far from happy as possible," I said and he sighed.

"Julieta this doesn't change anything. I kissed you yesterday for who you are today not for that 8 year old girl. I really like you and I just..."