Day 27: You Can't Always Be Prepared For Drastic Turns Of Events

Start from the beginning

9:56PM (GMT) / 10:56PM (Local Time)

Elise, Rosie and I are currently sat in some bar we stumbled upon on our way back from the arena.

After sharing questioning looks we decided on some post-show drinks, and somehow that developed into two. However the three of us have now agreed to go home and no amount of convincing - or hot bar staff - can convince us otherwise.

"Wait!" Elise shouts just as we are standing up.

The whole bar turns to look at us with confused expressions and I shrug at them awkwardly as I wait for them to look away. I turn to Elise questioningly but she does not notice, all her attention is focused solely on her phone and whatever is the displayed on its screen.

"What?" Rosie asks nervously. "Levi hasn't got us kicked out of the hostel again has he?"

"No," Elise whispers, her eyes wide, "we have to go."

Hurriedly, Elise makes her way out of the bar, Rosie and I quickly following in her wake. We have no idea where we are going so we simply follow Elise down the dark streets of Brussels. Rosie and I exchange some concerned glances but other than that I keep my eyes trained on Elise's back, worried about losing her.

"What is it?" I ask after a few minutes of silence.

Elise comes to an abrupt stop and turns to face us.

I wrap my arms around my body, no longer in the warmth of the indoors I can feel goose bumps starting to form on my skin and I shiver involuntarily.

"Blakely are in a club in Brussels," Elise tells us, "and I can get us in."

This time when Elise resumes walking at a quick pace, Rosie and I are right alongside her. Our pace seems to gradually get quicker and quicker until the three of us are practically running through the streets of Brussels, intent on getting to the club before Blakely leave.

I have to come realise that this is part of the life of a fangirl, being prepared to go anywhere quickly in the hopes that it allows you to meet band members. If you're a dedicated fan, you have to be prepared to drop anything at the last minute for signings, concerts or even just the release of a new single or music video.

Elise leads us through twisting alleys and streets until she finally pulls to a stop once again in front of a modern looking building with flashing lights and loud music blaring from inside it.

The three of us take deep breaths, before Elise takes a step towards the bouncer on the door.

"Elise Clifford," she says simply.

The bouncer takes one look at her, repeats her name and then glances down at the guest list before ushering her in.

"They're with me," she tells them.

He doesn't even question it, just waves us in after her until we are stood in a corridor lit with dim purple light.

"It's my cousin's girlfriend's brother's new club," Elise explains, "I quickly texted him and asked him to get me on the guest list."

Not for the first time I wonder what it must be like to live Elise's life, to have the connections she has, to be safe in the knowledge that I can have whatever I want no matter the cost. And then I remember that Elise hasn't spoken to her father in years and that her mother is constantly working and I realise being Elise isn't that great after all.

We make our way down the corridor until we are into the club. Some remix of a Top 40 single is being blasted through the speakers and Elise ushers us closer so that we can hear her.