Chapter 17: Mandrakes

Începe de la început

But to save Imelda's sleep and my own sanity, I threw on my night robe and slippers over my night gown and met Sebastian down the bottom of my stairs.

"Why are you making me get up so early?" I said through a yawn.

"Couldn't sleep, I didn't realise you'd left. I was hoping we could get breakfast then get a start on those curses." He said, a small smile on his face.

"Seb, I desperately need a shower. You made quite a mess of me last night. Can you wait half an hour?" I begged, pulling my robe across my front more.

"I haven't had one yet either, I could join you."

"It's 7:30am, not 4am. We'll be caught!" I said, noticing that a few early birds were already up and about.

"I'll have you know that while you girls might care about your appearance and personal hygiene, not many of the boys do. Go get your towel and clothes, I'll be waiting."

"Sebastian..."

"I'm not asking, I'm telling you. I would like to shower with you and help clean up the mess I made."

I furrowed my brows and folded my arms across my chest in disapproval, but Sebastian was unmoving. He kept his dark eyes on mine, like he was trying to intimidate me.

"Fine, but we need to be quick and you better behave," I relented, and Sebastian's face lit up with a mischievous grin.

I hurried up to my dormitory, trying to be as quiet as possible to avoid waking Imelda or anyone else again. I grabbed a fresh set of clothes and a towel, then I met Sebastian at the bottom of the stairs who sneaked me into the boys bathroom. Fortunately, it seemed that most of the students were still asleep, so the coast was relatively clear.

We quickly found a private shower stall in the furthest corner from the door, and as we stepped inside, Sebastian quickly turned on the water. The sound of the running water helped mask any noise we might make, providing a small sense of security.

"Let me help you with those." He said, untying my robe and pushing it down with a delicate thump on the floor. He traced his hands along the silky material of my night gown and met the hem, bundling it in his fists and lifting it over my head. He pushed me backwards so I was able to get under the warm water first.

I watched through the water falling over my face as he removed his own pyjamas, realising he'd thrown a shirt on before waltzing about the common room. How gentlemanly of him. He tossed his own shirt and pants in the pile atop of mine and joined me quickly under the running water.

His eyes traveled over my body as he stepped closer, and I felt a mix of self-consciousness and desire.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, his voice low and husky.

I blushed, feeling a surge of emotions welling up inside me. Part of me wanted to believe him, but another part couldn't help but doubt his words, given the complicated nature of the relationship he'd put us in.

Before I could respond, Sebastian leaned in and kissed me softly. His lips were warm and gentle against mine, vastly different from the fervor of our meeting last night.

"Sebastian..." I mumbled into his mouth, attempting to put space between us and pry him off me by placing my hands on his wet, warm chest, "Not now."

Sebastian pulled back, looking slightly disappointed, but he nodded in understanding. "Sorry."

"It's okay," I said, trying to hide the turmoil of emotions I was feeling. I desperately wanted him again, especially now he was naked, exposed and wet in front of me. But I needed time. "Let's just focus on getting cleaned up, yeah?"