Chapter 33: Companions

Beginne am Anfang

Wanda: Pedro, what are you doing here?

Pedro: I was just here to welcome the guests who've come to meet Master Cat Viper, but I can't leave these thieves.

Carrot: Yeah, I'll give you a hand!

Pedro: No. Everyone, don't interfere. I'll fight them myself. The Minks opened fire on the lion, who dodged each bullet and quickly slashed at the thieves, to the surprise of (Y/N), who was impressed by the lion's strength. He was freed by the Mink as Yamato and Kikunojo rushed over worried for him.

(Y/N): Thank you for saving me, is your name Pedro? My name is (Y/N), nice to meet you.

Pedro: I've heard a lot about you, it's an honour to meet you (Y/N). He said with a smile as he smoked a cigarette. (Y/N) held out his hand, which he shook to conclude the introductions. Wanda and Carrot introduced Pedro, who was in charge of protecting Cat Viper, and he agreed to accompany them to his master.

On the way, they met the other Guardians under Pedro's command as they finally reached Cat Viper. They were surprised by the huge cat, which had changed so much for Kikunojo over the years. The cat was astonished to see Kiku and couldn't help crying as he jumped into her arms, she told the same story she'd already said to Dogstorm as Cat Viper glanced at (Y/N) who didn't look tough to him.

Cat Viper: So you're the famous Wild Wind? You're the captain of Kikunojo. The huge animal walked towards (Y/N) who looked up into the cat's serious expression.

(Y/N): Yes, she's decided to accompany me on my adventure.

Cat Viper: Why did my friend decide to believe in you?

(Y/N): It's her decision and I'm grateful to her for trusting me. I hope she'll continue to help me on our journey in the future.

Cat Viper: If Kikunojo really trusts you, then show me your strength, Wild Wind!

His words suddenly surprised the group as he raised his weapon to strike (Y/N), but Yamato protected his captain and stopped the cat's attack and Kikunojo had her katana close to Cat Viper's throat, she was capable of killing him if he dared attack his captain.

Kikunojo: If you want to hurt my brother, I'll show you no mercy.

Yamato: Even if you are an Oden's samurai, (Y/N) is my captain, so I won't let you touch him. The two women threatened the Mink with murderous expressions, they would defend their captain at all costs. The Minks were about to act to stop the potential fight, but were stopped by Cat Viper.

Cat Viper: I see that you are loyal to your captain. You're lucky to have loyal companions, Wild Wind, but I still don't recognise your value.

(Y/N): Thank you for defending me, but I will accept his challenge.

Yamato: But you're in no shape to fight, you're still suffering from the after-effects of your fight with Kaido and Stussy.

Law: The Oni Princess is right, I treated you, so I know your injuries. Your body needs rest so don't fight, it's a doctor's advice.

(Y/N): I know, but I can't refuse to fight if I have to show my worth. My samurai pride won't let me give up!

Sabo: You seem to be a proud fighter.

(Y/N): Of course, it's an important value on my island. I can't refuse your fight, Cat Viper! Are you ready to fight me? He exclaimed as he unsheathed his sword. The cat watched (Y/N) before attacking him with his weapon, but he blocked the blow causing a gust of wind across the room to everyone's surprise. Suddenly, the cat started laughing at the confusion of the pirate, who was expecting another attack.