13. Argument

Sorry for the late update, I was sick 😷

--------------------------------------------------

"Damn it, you scared me." Seunghceol's eyes widened when he saw the two members.

"You should have seen your face earlier, I was more scared than you--you look like you saw a ghost." Joshua said between his soft laughs.

Unlike Joshua, Jeonghan was in the cotridary—not smiling at all. Whenever you make eye contact with him it just reminds you of the kiss you witnessed before. One that just thinking about it makes you feel like crying again.

"What brings you here though?" Seungcheol asked, directing the attention to himself.

Joshua took something from his pocket, "I heard that Y/N has a bad stomachache so I wanted to give this to her." He showed me a bottle of ginger tonic.

"Thank you, Shua. I appreciate it." You smiled as you received the tonic. Even if you don't actually feel sick, you still decide to drink it. The bitter taste instantly makes your face frown.

"Are you sure you're all right?" Joshua tilted his head to the side to study your face "You were fine when we got here."

"I'm fine. I shouldn't have had too much spicy food for lunch." You're giving him an okay sign, assuring him that you'll be fine.

"Give Y/N some time to recover then, we should head back." Seungcheol gently pat Joshua and Jeonghan's shoulders, trying to pull them away.

"I'll use the restroom for a bit too. You guys can head back first." Jeonghan stops his steps and escapes from Seungcheol's grip.

You gave Seungcheol a small nod when you saw him looking at you worriedly. As someone who already knows the truth and who saw your reaction earlier, he's pretty sure that going to the loo wasn't Jeonghan's intention.

"Save me some meat, will you?" You smiled, letting Seungcheol drag Joshua away back to the room.

You always hate being in awkward situations. And in this particular moment--to be left alone, with your ex-boyfriend, who you just witnessed kissing another girl--feels way worse. If a genie can grant any of your three wishes, you'd definitely use one of them to help and make you disappear.

Jeonghan turned on the water faucet, letting the cold water run while rolling up his sleeves. You can literally use the chance to walk away from him, but somehow your feet feel like rocks--so heavy, so hard to move.

"What did you talk to Seungcheol about?" He finally broke the silence.

"Nothing. He was just checking on me." You lied, taking another sip of the bitter tonic.

"I see," Jeonghan rested his hands on either side of the faucet, his wet fingers gripping firmly to support his body weight, "I didn't know you two were close."

"We're okay."

"Really? I mean, he look really worried when you ran off." Jeonghan run his wet fingers through his hair, pushing it back letting a drip or two fall to his chin, "Joshua look really concerned too. Even Wonwoo."

For a moment you feel like you're reenacting your past, years ago--you feel like you're facing the old, younger version of Jeonghan.

Knowing that his suspicious habits stay the same--whenever he doesn't like something reminds you that you never liked this side of him either.

"They're worried about their friend, that's all."

"Careful though, too many affections on public and the fans might get wrong assumptions."

"Well, we're close but not that close enough to kiss in front of other people." You replied his sarcasm with your own.

"That was a truth or dare." Jeonghan quickly answered in defense, turning his face fully to your direction.

By reflex you raised your hands--gesturing Jeonghan to calm down, lowering his tone which had risen.

"Chill, you don't owe me any explanation."

"She was asked to tell the craziest thing she had in her mind and then she suddenly did that." He added, with a much calmer tone.

"Okay, cool." You pressed your lips together into a small smile.

Jeonghan took a step aside, blocking your path when you were about to walk pass him. You sighed, and then tried a second attempt. Again, he didn't let you squeeze through him.

"What is it now, Han?" You sighed.

"Please don't blame Rena too. She just--""

"She just did what she's asked and was probably drunk, yeah, yeah. I get it."

You admit this one is on you, your tone sounds pretty annoying and Jeonghan's face clearly shows that he's not too happy about it.

"What's with that attitude?" Jeonghan crossed his arms close to his chest, raising a brow while staring intensely at you through his hooded eyes.

"I just find it funny how you're concerned about me meanwhile what she did was far more concerning? Like, imagine if the fans see what I--"

"They won't know if you shut your mouth." Jeonghan cut you off, at the same time also cutting your patience.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sure the members won't tell a tale, and Rena--"

Feeling offended, you couldn't help but scoff at Jeonghan's behavior.

"I can't believe I'm that untrustworthy to you. We've known each other since we were in university."

"Minus the years when we were apart." He groaned, finally backing away from you.

Indeed, everything that is too good is not necessarily good--Indeed, being friends with your ex will not be as smooth as a calm sea. Even you find it difficult to explain the disappointment you are feeling right now--how to put it into words, how to explain why. The closest thing is probably disappointment because the trust you give him all this time is not balanced with what he gives you.

After a heated staring session, the two of you walked in opposite directions. Jeonghan returned to the room where Rena and his members were--while you went home, to a quiet place far away without Yoon Jeonghan.