39. Together

🎵 dokyeom - betelgeuse

"We thank the fans who always support us. It's very unfortunate that this incident had to happen. together with our new agency, we will wait until Yoon Jeonghan has fully recovered before resuming activities as a whole group. We hope that during this time you will respect our privacy." Seungcheol bowed to the reporters in front of hundreds of camera, followed by his fellow members.

That day was Seventeen's last day appearing in public.

One month. Thirty days later.

You had gone through thirty days of your life  where you didn't get to see Jeonghan as much as before. Even though you still make frequent calls or video calls, you still feel quite lonely when you can't feel his touch. Even so, you don't feel left out. His efforts to find time in his busy schedule--even if it's just to enjoy instant ramen at the Han River, or bubble tea near the mini market--small thoughtful things like that are enough.

You were watching Seventeen's game caterer, unconsciously smiling to yourself every time Jeonghan appeared on the screen. The fact that he's still wearing the bracelet you gave him in public gives you a secured feeling--that he's aware of your existence.

Seeing the members having fun on screen makes you remember the press conference they had a month ago, after they officially joined Pledis. Unexpectedly, their popularity rose quickly, their fans cheered upon the announcement that they would continue as a group with a full member. You're relieved because the struggle you thought would happen never happened.

"Welcome." You paused the video when the small bell you hung above the door dinged.

A female student smiled slightly, judging from her appearance you guessed she was probably a fourth or fifth year law student at university.

"Can I get one latte and one matcha latte to go, please?" She said after reading the menu.

"Sure." You smiled as she made the payment.

The two cups are properly tucked into a cardboard cup holder, in between those cups you slipped in two freshly baked walnut cookies.

"Oh?" The student pointed at the cookies, "But I didn't order these?"

"It's a gift." You pushed the cup holder closer to her, "Exam is approaching, right? You need something sweet."

It warms your heart to see the student's smile slowly widened. That's one of the reason why you decided to rent a place in Seoul neighborhood to open your own small coffee shop. Having no plan to go back to LA means you need to keep making money to pay the rent, etc. After what you've been through, you decided not to work in a corporate workplace again, at least for the time being. Plus, your mom is a good baker as well, it's really beneficial for you to learn some recipes to add to the menu.

"Thanks," She smiled, then noticed a familiar figure on your laptop screen, "Oh, I'm also a Seventeen fan. I really like these duo." She turned sideway a bit to show you a dinosaur key chain with Dino's face printed on it, and also another key chain bearing the letters BOO.

"That's cute. You definitely should get the Thomas keychain with Seungkwan's face on it." You laughed, imagining Seungkwan's face if only he could hear it.

She took it seriously though. Apparently the keychain was custom made by her friend--the one who ordered matcha latte. She said she would ask her friend to make the Thomas one.

"What about you?" She then asked you.

"Me?" You didn't expect her to ask you back. Of course you like every members, they're all precious to you. But if you have to choose only one, obviously it's gonna be, "Yoon Jeonghan."