19. Confession

🎵 taylor swift - enchanted

There really is no city more magical after dark than Paris!

That's what the online articles say as you browse about the city while waiting for Jeonghan outside the hotel lobby. You are supposed to meet him at 7pm. It's been fifteen minutes and he's still nowhere to be seen. You start to wonder if he's still asleep--he says he's going to take a nap in his members' room earlier.

Shifting your gaze from your phone to the scenery around you, you have to agree with what the article says. Paris is indeed magical at night. Known as the city of lights, with sparkling lights all around it. The whole scenery also gives off a romantic atmosphere.

"Enjoying the view?" A voice suddenly said just as you were about to yawn.

Jeonghan finally showed himself. He wore an unbuttoned checkered shirt with a plain black shirt underneath, also paired with white pants. He let his previously tied hair loose this time.

"It's Paris. What can go wrong?" You replied while pointing at the scene in front of the two of you.

"Well, we could get lost since I'm bad with directions." He chuckled while typing the location of the carnival on the google maps application on his phone.

You shot him a playful look and then did the same--the smile still plastered on your face.

"It's only a fifteen minute walk. Let's just walk." You pointed in the opposite direction, decided to take the lead.

"Fifteen minutes is too long." He starts whining but still follows you, "Okay, okay."

"I thought the members are coming too?" You said while watching your step.

Jeonghan walks steadily beside you, his hands in his pockets. The gentle breeze blew his soft hair beautifully.

With a light hum he then replied, "I mean, they're exhausted so they prefer to turn in early for the night."

You nodded, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Aren't you exhausted though?" He then turns his head to look at you. His eyes narrowed slightly because of the wind.

"Me?" Your tone was slightly surprised, "I'm honestly feeling really well. Now, you should be worrying about yourself. You just recovered."

"Me?" He copied your tone with a light chuckle, "After almost two weeks of doing nothing but sleep my battery is at one hundred percent now."

"Said someone who whined about a fifteen minutes walk earlier." You laughed after he burst into a laughter first.

With all the excitement and beautiful scenery, it feels like only five minutes have passed. From your position you can already see more lights ahead. In addition to carnival music, there are also many attractions--food stalls, game stalls, costume parades, a ferris wheel and even a merry-go-round. Luckily you didn't see any scary clowns anywhere.

Not gonna lie, the whole ambience has awakened your inner child. Your eyes glisten like a puppy that has just been released. However, seeing friends, family, even couples all happily together makes you wonder why you're there in the first place--especially with Jeonghan.

You see him walking to the cotton candy stall. He didn't even say any word to buy it. He just pointed at one, handed some money, accepted the exchange and then walked back to you. He looked really proud of the accomplishment though. His shoulders shake as he giggles to himself, pointing the cow-shaped cotton candy at you.

"Why did you buy it if you don't want to eat it?" You groan after trying to finish all the cotton candy yourself. Jeonghan keeps refusing every time you offer some to him.