15. Glad

The weather forecast obviously didn't do a very good job of predicting the weather. It should be sunny with only a few clouds--at least that's what the anchor said. Which is why Jeonghan decided not to bring any umbrella along with him.

However it was just past lunch time when suddenly the sky became dark and it started to rain heavily.

"Ah damn." Jeonghan sighed underneath his mask.

He was on his way to the agency building. That day he told the team that he would be driving himself because he wanted to stop by the convenience store to buy some snacks for the members and staff. He was standing right at the exit door with a big plastic bag filled with five big boxes of choux pastries. He'd been eyeing the newly opened shop for a while.

"Damn it." He groaned while staring at his car at the end of the road.

Jeonghan decided to wait another ten minutes, hoping the rain would let up a bit so he could at least run to his car without getting too wet. Besides that, he was also worried about the choux he just bought. In his opinion, it tastes best when the filling is still cold. If he waited too long, it might turn lukewarm later.

Watching the rain reminds Jeonghan of his younger days. He used to get caught in the rain a lot because he lent it secretly to someone. To be honest, he always carried an umbrella in his backpack, it's just that he would rather get caught in the rain than let that person get soaked.

"I'm really sorry! I think I'll be late today."

Jeonghan heard someone said to the phone.

"I didn't expect it to rain this hard-- I know, I always forget my umbrella I'm such a grandma."

I'm such a grandma, hehe.

Hearing that, Jeonghan immediately turned his head to the right.

Suddenly his bad mood had subsided. Seeing that person was actually someone he knew. Even when the lightning suddenly struck, the movement that person made was still the same as he remembered--covering both ears with eyes tightly shut.

"That was really loud." Jeonghan said while picking up the phone that was accidentally dropped.

"You're welcome." He then added when he received no thanks--instead, he got a dumbfounded face of yours.

"What are you doing here?" You ask in confusion because Seungkwan said their group had arrived earlier.

"What am I doing in a bakery, let's see." Jeonghan put his free hand on his hip, "Looking for aliens. And I think I've found one." He tilted his head looking at you.

"Wow. So lucky." You play along, giving him a few slow claps.

Your attention is then directed to Jeonghan's plastic bag. Inside, there are as many boxes in it as there are in yours. Jeonghan also did the same, he glanced at yours for a bit but then his gaze looked so suspicious.

"What?" You blurted out.

Before Jeonghan manages to say anything, you quickly add an explanation, slightly guessing why he looks so suspicious.

"This is not for me, I'm not stressed or anything. This is for everyone at the agency later."

"Guess we bought too many then." He shrugged.

"Why did you buy so many?" A hint of sulkiness can be heard from your tone.

Jeonghan looked like he was about to snap your head but he restrained himself from saying, "I've been there for almost thirty minutes. I was the first one here."

Unable to deny it, you stared at the gray sky while sulking. You also keep checking the time back and forth when the rain shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. As time went by, your anxious attitude made Jeonghan even more anxious than you.