9. Cresent Moon

Who would ever thought. Some time ago you were working in an office, behind your desk 8 hours a day, doing tedious paper work. Now you are in the middle of a crazy crowd, can't even avoid the crazy camera flash. Haneda Airport used to be peaceful when you came to Tokyo, but not now--not with the boys.

Choi PD decided to make a special episode in Tokyo, it's no coincidence that the group also has a fanmeeting schedule there. In order to be more comfortable, the crew and the agency have decided to extend their stay instead of going back and forth cross-country.

From the data reports you get on how each episode of the program goes, you know Seventeen is a very popular group. But you've seen it in real life--with your own eyes until you get to the airport. So many fans gathered, loud cheers resounding from all directions. You'd be lying if you said you weren't intimidated by it.

"So this is why you forced me to use wear this." You said to Vernon, pointing at the sunglasses he gave you earlier.

"Jeonghan said you have sensitive eyes so I thought it might help." He answered, waving to his fans.

"He did?" You glanced at Jeonghan who was already a few steps ahead with Joshua.

"Yes. Other members have also noticed how you overuse the eye drops." He pointed at his eyes, "Mine also often feel dry."

"Thanks, this really helps." You smiled.

Vernon also smiled in return before catching up with Jun and Minghao.

The spot on your right is again filled with Rena's presence. You've been feeling insecure lately with her around you. She looks like an idol with long wavy hair, tall figure, black leather jacket to match with boots that wrapped sexily around her ankles. You feel so basic, not to mention the scars you have on your forehead now.

"Isn't that the woman who was seen going on a date with Jeonghan the other day?"

You hear some of the fans asking each other rather loudly in the crowd, some even taking pictures of Rena.

"You're right! That must be her!"

"Are they wearing matching outfits? Both are wearing leather jacket."

Hearing that you didn't realize you immediately looked at Jeonghan. It's true that Jeonghan was also wearing a black leather jacket. His hair was tied into a short ponytail--which you think look very good on him.

"You sure that's her? Not the girl next to her?"

"Which one? That one? I don't think so, besides she's not as pretty."

"True, true. Jeonghan's type must be the leather jacket girl."

You're not sure who could hear that just now, what's clear is that you can hear every word and intonation clearly. which does not please you.

"Honestly she's pretty too, too bad she has that scar. Scars are not girl's best friend."

You force yourself to laugh when PD Na cracks a joke—she doesn't seem to notice what the fans are saying. You hope that no one else is aware about it too. You feel very embarrassed to be talked about like that. It feels suffocating because it's impossible for you to blame the child you rescued. You believe you did the right thing--it's just that you feel unfair because the karma you get is not good.

You slowed down your pace, letting Rena walk in front of you. When you lower your head--wanting to hide the wound behind your loose hair, you feel someone gently grip your the back of your head, then raise your head again. Seungcheol pats your head gently from the left side. He shook his head, forbidding you to look that miserable.