8. Someone like Him

"Guys, please, I promise it's just a scratch."

You have repeated the same thing almost ten times since morning. It's actually more tiring than your actual job. In fact, you haven't even done anything since arriving at the agency building this morning.

The morning meeting took even longer to complete. Going over the concept of the next few episodes only took about an hour, the remaining forty-five minutes just people asking about the viral incident.

During lunch break, you finally find peace. While everyone else is busy eating or smoking, you use your break to get some work done — which is setting up filming props in camera frames.

Having people looking at you makes you feel really weird. Well, to be fair it is quite disturbing--the big scar you now have, along with a purplish red bruise right on the forehead. Not just staring, some even points at you. So uncomfortable you decide to borrow a senior PD's bucket hat--after begging for a while, of course.

"Oops, sorry-" You mutter a quick apology when your shoulder bumps into someone. The bucket hat turned out to be too big for your head so it covered almost half of your face, blocking your vision.

"Y/N?"

You recognize Jeonghan's voice right away. From the tone of his voice, you can tell he wants to ask what happened the other day--just like anyone else.

"You didn't reply my text." He said again, a hint of annoyance was there.

"I didn't reply to everyone. The attention was too much. It's not a big deal anyway, just a scratch." You said, followed by a rather heavy sigh.

"Can I go now?" You asked as a formality, not expecting an answer because you already planned to leave anyway.

"No." Jeonghan simply said as he removed the bucket hat, revealing your surprised face--also revealing the 'scratch' you told him about.

As soon as you see him, the first thing that comes to your mind is how good looking he is. Even when he's only wearing a white shirt and plain jeans, also with his hair half tied back—he looks so charming. It's still hard to believe the Sometimes you still can't believe that the crazy handsome idol is also someone who was once yours.

"I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty damn sure it's not just a scratch." He reach his hand out about to touch it. The way you back away quickly makes him tilt his head curiously, "You didn't go to the doctor. Did you?"

"I did." You lied.

"Which hospital, what time, which doctor?"

"Fine, I didn't." You groaned, admitting defeat.

"Why?" He raised a brow.

"Because I'm okay. I'm doing fine."

"If you're fine," He cut you off, "You shouldn't feel any pain. At all." Hearing that, you fell silent. It's undeniable, you still feel some pain all over your body.

"I will be fine." You correct yourself--only getting an eyeroll from Jeonghan.

Jeonghan was heading to the practice room. The place where you should be next is a few doors away. That's why you two walked there together. He doesn't talk much and you don't respond much, the atmosphere between you is quiet until you can hear both of you breathing.

In the elevator his phone rang. He checks the caller ID--which you failed to peep--and picks up the phone.

"Oh, Rena-ah."

Your ears twitch at Jeonghan's gentle tone.

"Yeah I'm about to practice now. Maybe I'll be done in two or three hours."

You sigh on the slow elevator. Impatiently pressing the button every time the door opened but there was no one on that floor level.

"Alright, I'll see you later." Jeonghan's lips curled into a small smile, "Bye."

His smile was so small and fast, clearly he doesn't want to make it obvious. However you noticed that. That warm smile of Yoon Jeonghan you haven't seen in years.

"Going on a date?"

Jeonghan turned his head to look at you. Even you are surprised by your own question. You never intentionally wanted to ask him that but it just came out of your mouth.

"Sorry. Need to tone down this curiosity I know." You laugh a little--it sounds so awkward it's tempting to fake fainting.

"Just hanging out." Jeonghan answered as the elevator reached the right floor.

"Oh, I see." You nod, taking the first step in front of him as soon as the door opens.

Jeonghan held the knob for the practice room door--looks like he was the first to arrive, you couldn't hear any music or members from inside. He opened the door slightly but did not immediately go inside. When you walk past him to go to another room he calls out to you.

"Yeah?" You stop walking and wait.

"Did you...date after we, you know- broke up?" Jeonghan shrugged after asking the question, "Just curious."

You both exchange looks. The question makes you momentarily thrown into the past--the time when you try to distract yourself by spending time with lots of guys. One by one, you remember whether you ever had a relationship with any of them.

"No." Your smile is genuine. Behind that smile you admit that no one else can fill the empty space he left in your heart, yet--it's like you haven't found the right piece of the puzzle.

Seeing you smile, Jeonghan smiled too.

"Me too." He admitted, "I hope you will find the right person. Although it's hard to find someone more perfect than me?" He chuckles softly as you roll your eyes in response.

He waved then walked into the practice room. Not long after that you hear his group's newest song bang loudly inside.

You remain silent in the quiet hallway, no longer smiling. The tightness in your chest gets worse after hearing his words. You have to admit--it is hard to find someone like Yoon Jeonghan.