18. Paris

The Taipei and Jakarta concerts were really fun but also very tiring. After they finished their last concert in Asia, which was in Jakarta, they only had a few hours to rest and then flew straight to Paris. The schedule was so packed that most of the members barely woke up during their nearly 17 hour flight. Thankfully they all sat in the business class section--this way they could all sleep comfortably.

Another thing to be grateful for is the fact that they have two days free from any schedule before they start the actual sound check, etc for the concert. Free time for them means free time for you too.

Not wanting to waste the opportunity, you wake up earlier than usual to take a walk around the beautiful city. You decide not to disturb other members or crew, they all deserve a peaceful rest.

"Oh?" Wonwoo's door suddenly opens as you walk past, "Going somewhere?"

"Just sightseeing and maybe grab a coffee." You smile, showing a photo of the cafe you want to visit on your phone screen.

"Want to come along?" You ask.

"I'd love to but I think I'll pass." He tilted his head to the side and then squeezed his shoulder, "I'm going to get a massage from the spa before the next concert."

Now that he mention it, you almost forgot about the hotel facilities. You will definitely try  the spa once you come back later.

"Let me know if you need anything then." You smile and gently give Wonwoo a high five.

"Thanks." He fixes his glasses and then close the door behind him, "Let's walk together to the elevator then."

It was only a short walk but he managed to tell an interesting story about how Mingyu talked in his sleep--he kept saying he wasn't the mafia, to be exact.

"Take care, see you later." He waved as the elevator doors closed.

You also say goodbye to him when he gets on the elevator, while you take the next elevator down to the lobby.

As soon as you step out of the hotel, your tiredness is lost in the air, your legs feel as light as a feather you feel like you are hopping along the street. Paris has always been on your travel list, and to be able to visit it supported by your workplace is not a bad thing at all.

You put on earpods and play a random playlist of 'Waking Up in Paris' song on Youtube. Suddenly everything felt even more magical. Walking through a flower shop makes you feel like the main character. Especially when you finally find the cafe you want to visit, waiting in line doesn't feel uncomfortable.

With the help of google translate, you manage to order a cup of latte to go and an almond tarte. The combination of strong coffee and the sweetness of tarte immediately teleports you to heaven. You feel like five-year-olds who've just tasted their first piece of cookie—dancing happily to the tunes on your earpods.

Until the song suddenly stops and is replaced by your ringtone. You take another bite of the tarte while rummaging through your bag with your other free hand. An incoming phone call still makes your phone vibrate like crazy, you think it's one of the members or crew calling.

Yoon Jeonghan's name was displayed on the screen. You sip your latte as you pick up the phone, unsure why he's calling you.

"Why didn't my manager pick me up at the airport?" He asked as soon as the line got connected, not even giving you a chance to say hello.

"Airport?" You quickly checked the calendar on your phone, "Aren't you supposed to be here tomorrow? Not today?"

"Ya--" Jeonghan scolded you. You can tell from his tone he's not joking around.