34. Watch Out

🎵 seventeen - circles

"Are you sure you're not coming back to LA?" Mom asked in the middle of the night.

Both of you are still awake, staring up at the dark ceiling where little stars from your bed side lamp wander around. She's been trying to persuade you to come with her. It's a mother worrying about her daughter after all. Saying she knows a better therapy doctor in LA, saying you're able to sit back and just help her with her small business there, etc.

"Yes, mom." You shifted on your bed to look at her, "Don't get me wrong. I love you and I love LA. Okay?"

"I know, sweetheart." She sighed softly in defeat, but not disappointed, "It's that Yoon-- who? Right."

"Yoon Jeonghan." You corrected with a small chuckle, nodding.

"It's impossible to stop young people who're in love. Madly in love, I would say." Mom glanced at you with a teasing smile. Her smile kind of reminds you of Seungkwan, seems like they hang out together way too much lately.

You hummed softly, playing with the hem of your blanket while thinking, "You think so? That he's madly in love with me?"

"Honey?" Mom laughed softly in disbelief, "If only you could see the way he look at you from my eyes."

You laughed through your nose at her reaction. Talking about Jeonghan makes you crave for his touch, his warmth, his scent. Sadly, knowing you're no longer work with the group, and considering his busy schedules will make your time with him less and less.

As if he's reading your mind, suddenly your phone vibrated. Seeing his name on the notification bar is enough to make your heart beats faster.

Thinking about you.
Will dream about you.
- Jh

"I guess you're right." You muttered while typing a message back to him, "He's definitely madly in love with me." With a wide grin, you scoot closer to your mom.

Mom cradle you in her arms, patting your head softly. For a moment you were both talking about your plan after you've fully recovered. You were thinking of, of course, getting a new job somewhere else. Mom then suggest you to try something outside of corporate life. Which immediately reminds you of something you've been wanting to do ever since you were in LA--a baker.

"Actually, mom, there's something I haven't told you yet."

"Again?"

"No, it's not like that." You playfully hug her side when she gave you a playful disgusted look, "Remember when I first told you I want to move to LA after I graduated?"

"You mean back when you told me you wanted to help my business but ended up working somewhere else? Yes, I remember."

"Mom......" You whined although you know she was joking, "Well, the real reason is because at that time I desperately need a distraction from my break up."

"You never told me you had a boyfriend back in university." Indeed, talking about romance has always been every woman's virtue. Mom's sleepy eyes are now lit up in curiosity as she listened carefully.

"I was planning to tell you but shit happened. But anyway, what I'm trying to say is...That ex of mine and Yoon Jeonghan are the same person?"

"O...kay? Wait, wait. So you guys broke up, met again, fell in love again..." Mom gasped softly, "What in the kdrama is wrong with you two?"

Mom laughed at your blushing cheeks. Thankfully Jeonghan already left a good impression ever since he called your mom about the accident back then. So when you told her about what happened years ago, she doesn't seem upset. On the contrary, she said love sometimes need a second chance.