12. Ex

"Hey, what's up?"

"..Hello?" Joshua said again when he got no response.

Sitting on your bed legs crossed, while hugging your pillow, you're staring at your phone. Joshua's profile picture was displayed on the screen, you've set the phone call on loudspeaker mode. For thirty minutes earlier you've been typing a message back and forth--nothing has been sent though. The call happened because you accidentally hit the call button.

You were still not sure if you should drink with the group or not. The thought of being the only quiet person in a crowd is already cringe enough for you—but on the contrary you also have a desire to see what's going on there with your own eyes. Of course most of it is related to Jeonghan.

"Oh hey, Josh." You finally answered, "Can you hear me now? Sorry, my wifi sucks." You, of course, lied.

"Hey! Yes, yes, I can hear you now. What's up?"

"Soooo, the other day Jeonghan kiiiiind of invite me to have some drink with you guys."

"Kiiiind of?" Joshua imitate your high pitched voice with a soft chuckle, "Why is it kind of?"

"Actually- To be honest, I wasn't sure if I should come." You said in a lower voice, kind of hoping he didn't catch it clearly.

It sound like Joshua was walking when he picked up your phone call. His movements could be heard slightly through the phone calls.

"What are you saying-" He said again. You hear his footsteps coming down the stairs, "You should come. Seungkwan will definitely be excited."

You left your phone lying on your bed. Not having actually said yes to the offer, but you've made your way to the drawer by the bed. Just in a bit, you already have piles of scattered clothes around you.

"Well- um.. Could you send me the location then? I'll take a taxi there." You raise your voice to make sure Joshua can hear it properly.

"What taxi, you dork. I'm actually with Dokyeom right now so-" Joshua got cut off by Dokyeom.

"We'll pick you up!" Another familiar voice said.

It took a while to persuade the two of them to pick you up at the nearest bus stop instead of where you live. You know exactly the distance from the agency to your place is not that close--you sulk about this a lot on your way to or from work.

"Thank you." You smiled at the bus driver as you walk out pass him.

Thankfully there was only another two people at the bus stop. Glancing at them, and then to your surrounding, you realized Summer is slowly starting to end. It can be felt from the temperature that is getting lower day by day. People also started wearing thicker clothes-- you are one of them. You're wearing a black long-sleeved shirt with black jeans, the white contrast of your oversized cardigan is the key to why you chose that outfit combination. You've been and always a fan of basic colors.

A few meters away, you see a white car flashing its left turn signal. You quickly scroll through Joshua's messages about his plate number and they match up perfectly.

Since Joshua previously said he was with Dokyeom, you didn't expect that there were more members in the car. When you open the passenger seat door, you let out an "Oh?" at the sight of Dino and Minghao.

"Hey Y/N! Come in-- move your butt a bit, will you." Minghao pushed Dino's hips with his hips.

"Eyy-- You're the one taking up too much space." Dino protested but complied anyway.

"Guys, if it's too cramped I can take the ta--"

"NO." The four of them said together.

Mingyu had made reservations at their regular Korean bbq restaurant. According to Dino, it was hard for them to hang out or just eat quietly in any restaurant. So this one restaurant is their favorite because it is quite difficult to find. Not to mention that the food is also very good--Mingyu was the first to discover it. It's like finding a hidden gem, he says.