22. Scolded

🎵 hyewadong - park boram

On the third day you call in sick, you feel like you're getting sick for real. At first it was just an excuse to avoid meeting people, especially Jeonghan. What happened still feels unreal, one minute everything is going well for you, the next minute you're like the enemy of the universe.

One minute you decide not to let your remaining love for Jeonghan grow, the next minute you feel helpless because you just can't stop it. One minute he says he doesn't love Rena, yet suddenly he's all over the news.

Not in the best mood to wander around outside, you can only depend on electronic entertainment to fill your day. The problem is whenever you're in the middle of something, there's always news about Jeonghan.

...Yoon Jeonghan confirmed the reason why he finally opened up to the public was to avoid misunderstandings about the viral pictures...

"Why didn't I announce it sooner? Ah.. I don't feel confident. She's the niece of our CEO after all."

Feeling tired at the non stop notifications, out of exhaustion, you decided to deactivate all of your social media. There are still more than 99+ messages that you need to read. Did you check, of course not.

With a long lazy groan, you force yourself to get out of bed. It's already 12:15 in the afternoon when you decide to lie down for another fifteen minutes to make the number even. Although you ended up spending another forty-five minutes hugging your pillow.

Seeing your reflection in the mirror only makes you want to hide under the covers again. Hair hasn't been washed for almost three days, dark circles under the eyes look like they've been punched, skin looks dry from skipping skincare routines. If you take part in the casting of zombie actors, you're sure that you will pass.

"I don't dislike her, my ass." You mimicked Jeonghan's tone while applying your favorite shampoo all over your hair. Foam scatters everywhere.

Cold showers obviously won't magically erase dark circles and freckles on your cheekbones. Too lazy to spend the next twenty minutes drying your hair, you just wrap your wet hair in a towel.

"Honestly Y/N why are you so upset? Do you like him that much?" You said to yourself as you cut a few slices of cold cucumber--a little too hard that your knife leave marks on the cutting board.

The cool sensation once you put them on your eye bags is so refreshing it's like soaking in a pool in the middle of summer. But once the thrill wears off, you realize looking out the window to find a bleak winter sky isn't such a good idea.

"I do like him that much." You sighed before taking a big bite of the remaining cucumber.

With the towel still on your head and the cucumber in your mouth, you sat hugging your knees staring at the TV screen showing the Netflix series: Emily in Paris. It's been on your list for months since it hasn't been released, you were excited for it at first, but when you watch it now, not even a smile can be found.

"Because this city is filled with... with love." One sentence from the series alone is enough to make your face frown.

"Yuck." You took a deep breath while letting your body fall sideways on the sofa.

As your eyes start to close, a loud bang wakes you up in an instant. Never in your life have you lifted your body back up so quickly.

"Who is it?" You walk towards the front door while putting on a hoodie over your thin sweater.

Not getting any answer, you unlock the door only to find a familiar figure standing with his back facing you. That person notice you've opened the door and look over his shoulder. When your eyes meet Seungcheol's, you can feel goosebumps all over your body. His eyes were shining in anticipation as if he had been waiting for that moment.