30. 30 Days

🎵 chen, baekhyun, xiumin - for you

"Okay, calm your ass down, Y/N.."

You find yourself sitting in the private room of a large restaurant after a well-dressed man--in a suit and tie picks you up. Normally the doctor wouldn't let you leave the hospital, but the exception he made after the man mentioned the CEO's name changed everything. He then introduced himself as the CEO's private assistant. You start to think this is what Rena meant by the power his money hold.

Predicting there will only be the two of you in the conducted private conversation, you are quite amazed by the amount of food being served. You can tell they're not cheap just by looking at them. Even though the assistant has let you eat first, you prefer to wait until the event host arrives.

It didn't take long for his assistant to appear again. This time he was with a middle-aged man in his late forties. His hair is slicked back with only a few strands of gray on each side of his head, it was odd to see it grow there naturally, but somehow it suit his image. The wrinkles around his eyes and smile lines make him look more charismatic than old. You kind of understand why Rena is so beautiful, the gene runs in the family.

"Cho Y/N?" He waves his hand telling you there's no need to get up, "Kim Jung Min." He asks for your hand in a handshake across the table.

"It's a pleasure, daepyonim." His palm feels rough but not in the bad way when you shake his hand.

A waiter comes to serve a little of each food on one plate for you and Mr. Kim. Even the way he poured the tea looked very attractive. While watching the tea pouring into the cup you keep wondering how much service tax they will charge later.

The ice breaker question was mostly about growing his business. With minimal knowledge of investment stuffs, you start to get the feeling he just wants to brag about his successful career. Your gut was confirmed by how loud his happy laugh is every time you spoil him with words of praise.

"I think your...unique enthusiasm is not something that everyone has." You accept his invitation to toast with the Chinese tea cup.

"Ha-ha-ha! Thank you very much, thank you, thank you. I heard that a lot." He take a bit of his lobster while still chuckling in between.

The waiter then comes back saying they will serve the main course now. Which makes your eyes widened in slight surprise. All this time you thought you had eaten the main course. If you know he's going to serve you a premium wagyu beef steak, you won't eat too much seafood.

"Alright, so, what I want to talk about today is--" Mr. Kim wipe some sauce off his corner lip with a wet tissue, "First, I want to apologize about my niece, Kang Rena's behavior."

Mr. Kim stopped talking for a bit, but he look like he's not done yet so you decided to remain silent. You put your knife and fork back on the table, the meat you've cut previously left uneaten.

"I've heard about how she threatened the group saying my agency won't support their comeback, blah blah blah, also you." He motioned his fork towards you, "I heard she wanted to fire you too."

"I....honestly didn't hear it from her but that's what I've heard, yes." You nodded at him confirming his theory.

Mr. Kim clasped his hand in one loud clap. Once he ate his last piece of meat, he called the waiter asking for a glass of red wine. You politely declined when he offered you some.

"You can keep my words, there won't be such a thing as abandoning the group. In fact, they'll be ready for their comeback soon."

"I'm relieved to hear that.." The image of Jeonghan being happy on stage grew a smile on your face, "Please take a good care of them."