4. The Members

"..oa- Whoa! WHOA!"

The loud voice wakes you up from your daydream.

"Whoa!" You also react with a rather loud volume. The soup that you should've poured into the bowl is now all over your hand.

Some of the crew stopped their activities to observe what was happening. At that time everyone was resting after filming the upcoming new episode of Going Seventeen. The consumption team has prepared a buffet meal for everyone to enjoy. You quickly apologize with your head bobbing every time your eyes meet theirs. Luckily no one cared enough about the soup accident.

"Here, here, use this." The same sound as the previous one said as the owner handed over some tissues.

"Thanks," you mutter as you wipe the red soup off your hands, "Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention." You lied--it's impossible to say that you were recalling about your past breakup with Jeonghan.

"It's okay." He added, setting aside his own bowl, "Does it hurt tho? This soup is boiling hot."

"It's fine, no worries." You gave him a reassuring smile.

Now that you've fully directed your attention to him, you recognize his face from the list of members you read a few days ago. It was Choi Seungcheol--the leader of the group. His black hair looks so silky that you can easily see every strand of it moving every time he moves. His pink gum shows whenever he flashes a wide smile.

"O-ho? Aren't you the one who always sit next to Choi PD nowadays?" Seems like Seungcheol also just fully recognizes you now.

"Yes, I always wear a mask tho." You add a soft laugh, surprised he still recognizes you, "I'm his new assistant."

"I recognize your hair." Seungcheol pointed at your long wavy hair, "Have you met the other members yet?"

"I met some of them during my first day." You reply as you pour the soup into the bowl, properly, this time, "Here, give me yours."

Seungcheol hands you the bowl--somehow you two manage to get over the awkwardness already. He even makes jokes and pokes you on the shoulder when you accidentally put more potatoes than meat in his bowl.

"Then you should join us, you haven't met everyone yet." Seungcheol didn't give you a chance to answer his invitation. He had already turned his head towards where all the members were sitting. From a distance and in a loud voice he shouted, "Seungkwan, can you help to get one more seat??"

The man named Seungkwan gave Seungcheol an OK sign. You see him dragging an empty chair from the empty table next to them. One by one, the members takes turn to look at you curiously, maybe wondering who's the stranger Seungcheol was talking to. Mingyu and Dokyeom--whom you already met the other day waved at you, inviting you to join them as well. You replied with a shy little wave before accidentally making eye contact with Jeonghan. His gaze makes your heart sink, especially after you remember your last breakup with him earlier.

"I don't think I should- I, I should be around Choi PD-" You stammer for an excuse.

"Eyyy, it's fine. We'll all be gathering at the same location later anyway." Seungcheol pull you by your arm gently and drag you to Seventeen's table.

Seungkwan seems like a really sweet guy, but you kind of hate him for placing the empty chair right in front of Jeonghan. When you take your seat, you can slightly smell his scent. He smelled so different yet still the same.

"Y/N was the one who told me about the coffee truck, you all disappoint me." Dokyeom sighed dramatically.

"We diddddd." Almost everyone said the same thing at the same time.

"Don't blame us for your short brain capacity." Added Joshua.

"Oh you guys did?" Dokyeom received a smack on his shoulder from Seungkwan.

The tension fades rather quickly. All thanks to Dokyeom sitting next to you. He is very talkative and always cracks jokes which helps to distract you from Jeonghan. The thirteen of them are still bickering about the mafia game they played. You have to admit you had a good laugh watching them play.

"It'll still be the same. We will die first. Accept it." Mingyu said to Jeonghan.

"That guy too." Jeonghan laughed, pointing at Hoshi.

Hearing Jeonghan laugh after all these years makes you feel deja vu. Nothing had changed, his laughter still sounded as bright as it could be.

"Say, are you a good drinker, Y/N?" Seungkwan asked brightly.

"I am." You nodded confidently, "Are you?"

Dino's laughter echoed as Seungkwan made an offended face. You can't help but also laugh at this hilarious gesture.

"Call, drinking game, let's go." Seungkwan clapped his hands together, about to get the alcohol from the chiller when Woozi stopped him.

"We still have things to do after this. Later, later!" Woozi gave Seungkwan a glass of water instead.

Seungkwan finished it in one gulp--as if he was drinking alcohol--which also earned him a hard beating from Joshua. He immediately acts like a small puppy which makes you unable to hold back your laughter.

"Were you also working with an idol group before you got here?" Asked Wonwoo with a more serious question.

"No, I worked in LA not long after I graduated. So I'm not really familiar with idol groups."

"LA?" The fact that it was Jeonghan who replied in return surprised you.

"Yeah. This is my first time back in Korea." You added, not really looking at him.

You two never really spoke after you broke up. Even after university you have no idea where he is. So does Jeonghan. The thing about you moving and working in LA is a new thing for him--even after all these years.

"Why do you sound so surprised tho?" Seungcheol added with a chuckle.

"No, I mean, Joshua's from LA too." Jeonghan pointed at Joshua.

"Correct." Joshua shares how he misses LA, even showing his enthusiasm about your story about what happened before you left LA.

About thirty minutes later the crew finished their break and were ready to continue filming. One of the crew walked over to Seventeen's table. As she approaches you realize how beautiful she is, you wouldn't think she was just a crew if you weren't working in the same production group.

"Hey guys, we're starting in ten so make sure you finish everything here." She then pointed at Jeonghan, "Especially you, don't look too sleepy during filming later."

"Alright, alright." Jeonghan took a sip of his iced coffee as she left.

"She always pays extra attention to Jeonghan." Vernon muttered, several members hummed in agreement.

"Well duh, it's because she likes Jeonghan." Added Dino.

"Like, she does the same thing for us too, but there's always special treatment for Jeonghan." Mingyu exclaimed.

"Eyy, you guys are exaggerating." Jeonghan clicked his tongue in denial.

"But you told us before she's your type!" Seungcheol laughed after getting a smack from Jeonghan.

"Do you want to die?" Jeonghan's reddened cheeks can be seen clearly.

Hearing the ongoing conversation, you kind of wish you weren't there. You know you shouldn't be swayed by it, but you can't help feeling a little disappointed--which makes you question yourself, even though you've buried your past with Jeonghan, also the fact that you've decided to abandon the feelings you used to have for him, why do you still find traces of disappointment?