Bonus Chapter 2: Dating

Third year was halfway done and I still hadn't spoken to Draco at all. I just gave him dirty looks in the halls and in class.

Alayna and I were as close as ever. I did end up beating her in monopoly which I was very proud of.

We were on our way to potions when Draco walked by with a boy who was in our grade. The boy smiled at me and walked by with Draco.

"Layna? Who is that kid with Draco?" I asked.

"Oh I know him. I can't remember his name, fuck what is it?" She snapped her fingers trying to recall. "Oh! That's Adrain Ebbot." She remembered.

"Oh." I smiled to myself. "He's cute."

"So is Draco." Alayna smiled to herself.

"Oh my gosh!" I shoved her with my shoulder and and walked together laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Draco and Adrian walked up to us randomly.

"Kaitlyn can I talk to you?" Draco asked me nervously.

I looked at Alayna who shrugged. I reluctantly got up and followed Draco over under a tree.

"What?" I asked crossing my arms. I did not want to talk to him right now.

"I'm... sorry." He looked down.

"Your sorry? Great." I smiled sarcastically.

"I really am! I wanted to reach out to you all summer after we left but we were so busy unpacking everything."

"I'm over it Draco. I'm over you." I shook my head.

"Well I wanted to ask you something. Your best friend. Alayna."

"You like her?" I asked turing my whole body to him.

"Is that going to be a problem?" He asked fidgeting nervously.

I thought for a moment. I know Alayna has always found Draco to be attractive and I know she would love to have a chance with him.

"Go for it dude." I smiled. "But! I'm still pissed at you." I pointed my finger at him before walking back to Alayna.

Her and Adrian were making small talk and he introduced himself to me when I walked over. I returned the gesture introducing myself.

Draco came back over after a minute and he wanted to talk to Alayna in private so Adrian and I sat there talking with each other. I actually enjoyed his company.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" He asked me.

"Nope." I shook my head. "You?"

"Nah." He laughed.

I was about to say something when Alayna ran back over to me and dragged me aside for a minute. "KK! Draco just asked me out!" She was practically hyperventilating.

"That's awesome!" I smiled.

"Don't act like you didn't know what was about to happen." She playfully pushed my shoulder.

"Whatever!" I laughed. "You did say yes through right?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Yes obviously!" She put her arm around my shoulders.

"So what are you doing?" I asked.

"We're going to sneak out tonight and go for a walk through the castle grounds. You should ask out Adrian."

"No! I don't like him." I crossed my arms.

"Sure you don't. Just wait and see. You guys look so cute together."