56: Dark Mark

Voldemort had checked everyone's room. Out of the ten rooms and fifty plus people, only three rooms and fifteen people made it.

Voldemort decided those people weren't necessary so he killed them.

There was an empty room across the hall so Pansy, Blaise, and Teddy took it and decorated it. The rest of us stayed in Theo's room. Alayna and Draco made space for another bed in Theo's room while I laid with him crying.

I didn't even care how much I was crying today. My friends were all I had left. We had a meeting tonight to discuss the tasks we would have but I honestly couldn't care less.

For the first time in a long time, I wanted to die. I know that's impossible but I wanted to die. I wondered now if the killing curse would even work on me.

"Theo?" I sniffled.

"What is it love?" He tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Would the killing curse work on us?"

"Why are you thinking of that?" He asked me in a worried tone.

"I don't know. I was just thinking."

"That's dangerous." Alayna cut into our conversation.

We laughed at her joke and there was a sudden high pitched noise. Voldemort's voice rang throughout the house once the noise finished.

"My children, come down to the meeting table now. It is time."

"My children? The fuck?" Draco rolled his eyes and got up.

We walked to the meeting room. I knew what it was time for. I was terrified. Theo held my hand and reassured me it would be ok.

We got there and sat down at the table. Voldemort sat at the head of the table with Theo on his left side. I was next to Theo and Alayna was next to me with Draco on the other side of her. Pansy, Blaise, and Teddy were on the other side of Draco.

The rest of the people got here and filled in the empty spaces. "It is time for you all to retrieve your dark mark. My son, you first?" He tilted his head challenging Theo to say no.

"Of course Father." He got up and walked to his fathers side. Voldemort dug his wand into Theo's forearm and mumbled something.

Theo's face was contorted in pain as the mark appeared on his arm. He wouldn't make his dad satisfied by making any noise.

After about a minute, the mark was done and Theo sat back down next to me. I looked to him and saw his eyes watering.

"Theo-I"

"Next!" Voldemort's voice boomed. "That means you Kaitlyn!" I hated how my name sounded in his mouth.

I slowly stood up trying to mask my fear. I walked over to him and extended my left arm just like Theo had. He gripped my wrist painfully.

I looked to Theo and his watery eyes as I felt a wand dig into my skin. As soon as he finished muttering his spell, pain shot through my arm. I kept my eyes glued to Theo trying not to scream in pain.

It got so bad and spread throughout my whole body. I shut my eyes tightly and bit my bottom lip to suppress the screams. I didn't want to scare everyone else who was watching and waiting for theirs.

My legs started to get wobbly and my body was getting weak. I couldn't hold it anymore and let my tears fall freely.

When his wand was retracted from my skin, it burnt everywhere. My vision was blurry but I walked back to my seat as Alayna got up. She didn't say anything.

There was nothing to say.

I sat down and Theo grabbed my hand as I sobbed softly. "It's ok love. The pain will go away. Mine is already better." He whispered to me squeezing my right hand.