29: Vacation

"No. Absolutely not! You've been home for all of about 10 minutes and your asking this." Mum disapproved of the vacation idea. "You are all out of your minds!"

"Emily, maybe it would be good for her and her friends to get out there. I mean they're all almost 17 and time is running out for them to be kids." My dad tried convincing her.

"But it's dangerous! You know what's going on out there right now!" My mom insisted.

What??

"Kaitlyn go to your room and we will call you down once we've made a final decision." My dad said.

I went up to my room and called Alayna. "Hey did you get and answer yet?"

"Not yet. My parents are close to saying yes I think but what about you?"

"Well my dad is trying to convince my mom to say yes as we speak so we'll see!" I crossed my fingers in front of the camera. "I'm going to add Dray and Theo to see if they've had any luck."

Draco joined the call running up a flight of stairs. "Guys! I got the yes!"

"Yes!" Alayna and I cheered.

"What about you two?" He questioned.

"Our parents are discussing it right now." I explained.

We talked for about 5 more minutes about what we would do for break if we weren't allowed to go. Randomly, as Draco was in the middle of talking, Theo joined the call.

"Hey guys." He ran his fingers though his hair. He looked stressed.

"Did you get an answer bro? So far I'm the only one who has a yes." Draco filled him in.

"Yeah bad news about that..."

Oh great. He probably can't go.

"My dad is going to be leaving for business and doesn't want me in the house alone because, 'you would just destroy it anyway' so I can go!"

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Asshole! I thought you were going to say you couldn't go!" I wish I could punch him through the screen. Like it would hurt anyway.

"KAITLYN!" I heard my dad calling me.

"Guys I'll be back. My dad is calling me. Bye!" I hung up. "COMING!" I ran down the stairs almost slipping on the hardwood floor in my socks.

Once I made it to the kitchen, I was panting and mentally praying they would say yes.

"We've made a decision." My dad said slowly and with the amount that my heart was beating, I was definitely burning calories.

"Andddd?" I signaled for him to continue.

"You can go, but-"

He started but I cut him off. "YES THANK YOU THANK YOU!!"

"But! Your paying for half." My mom finished.

"Yes of course! Thank you so much I love you guys!" I yelled rubbing back up the stairs to tell my friends.

I re-joined the call and saw Alayna was gone. "GUYS! GUYS! I can go!!" I was so excited.

"Yes! Now we just need Alayna's slow ass to be able to go." Mattheo snickered.

"Shut up man! Kaitlyn isn't any faster." Draco defended.

"I'm right here Draco." I rolled my eyes at him.

Alayna suddenly joined the call screaming. "GUYS I CAN GO I CAN GO!"

"Oh my god we can all go!" I excitedly stood up and went to get my suitcase out from underneath my bed. "Time to start packing! We leave tomorrow."