53: Blood

"LAYNA!" I ran to her and tried to shake her awake. Draco was right beside me trying to calm me down a bit.

"Shit!" Theo put his hands in his hair like he always does when he is stressed.

"We can't take her to the hospital wing. They would find out that she is a vampire." I pointed out as I calmed down a little.

"Vampires can't die so she most likely had poison or something and will wake up within the hour. Right?" Draco asked.

"No. If you get poisoned your mouth would be foaming and you would be choking. Was it just me or did she seem less energetic than normal to you guys?" Theo walked over to his bed sitting at the foot of it.

"Less energetic? She dragged me out of bed. She did seem a little cranky though." I laughed to myself.

"We should take her to Dumbledore. Just to be sure." Draco worried. "He knows our secret so it's fine." He picked up Alayna bridal style and walked out of the room. Theo and I followed quickly behind.

We reached Dumbledore's office and barged in without knocking.

Professor Snape was standing there talking with our headmaster about something serious looking but stopped when we came in.

"Do you know how to knock?" Snape looked at us angrily.

"Severus." Dumbledore warned when he noticed Alayna in Draco's arms.

"Please help her." I felt my eyes watering again as Theo hugged me from behind.

"Bring her over here. Tell me. What happened?" Draco put her on his desk pushing things out of the way as he did.

"We were hanging out in my room and she suddenly collapsed to the floor and we thought at first she was poisoned or something and she would be back in an hour but she didn't choke or foam at the mouth so it must be something else." Theo started.

"Pardon me but how would she wake up from being poisoned?" Snape stepped forward.

Fuck! I forgot her was there.

"Umm. Good question professor." I laughed nervously. Theo scratched the back of his neck and Draco paced in a circle.

"Let's focus on that after we save my girlfriend please." Draco avoided the subject.

"Well my original thought would be pregnancy but that's not possible and-" Dumbledore started but I interrupted.

"What do you mean that's not possible sir?"

"You guys are dead so you can't support life. You didn't know?"

"No." I replied quietly. I never had thought about having kids before. I was only 16 soon to be 17. What if I did end up wanting kids? I'm infertile now.

I guess with all the ups to being a vampire, there has to be a downside but why couldn't it be something less permanent.

"Love?" Theo took my hand in his.

"Yeah?" I looked up at him with my watery eyes.

"Talk to me."

"I-I don't know. I've never thought about kids before but now I don't know if it's something I would have wanted."

"It's ok. We can figure it out together. After we help Alayna." He hugged me tightly.

Snape stood in the corner looking as confused as ever. He had no idea what the fuck was going on and it was honestly hilarious.

"Did you hear what I was saying Kaitlyn?" Dumbledore asked me.

"No, sorry." I looked down but Theo lifted my chin back up with his ring and middle finger.