Chapter 5 Part 2- The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened.

Start from the beginning

"Where... is the room?" I asked.

"It's up in the library. I'll show you when we get out of here." Otani said. I nodded.

"Are you... planning on telling anyone else?" I asked. Otani paused for a moment.

"I don't know. As much as I want to... I have no idea the traitor or even the mastermind is." Otani replied. He looked over at me, chuckling a bit. "Man, it would really suck if you were one of them, huh?" He laughed nervously. "Then I would've completely messed up..." He frowned. "I don't wanna let anyone down... you know?" I nodded.

"Yeah. And I promise I'm not either of them." I stared at him for a moment, as he attempted a smile. But the sadness leaked through. I frowned. "H- hey, if you need someone to trust..." I paused, taking a deep breath. I put my mouth up to his ear. Sorry Yamazaki. Otani needs this. "You can trust Imamura. I know that she's probably not the mastermind or the traitor." I said quietly. Otani stared at me for a moment.

"Oh. How do you know?" He said, whispering.

"Yamazaki and I found a card that said if no one died in three days, then whoever found the card would be tasked with killing Imamura." I replied. "I- I don't have the card though. Yamazaki has it." Otani looked at me surprised.

"Really? When did you find it? And Yamazaki knows?" Otani asked.

"I- I found it awhile ago. When we got separated at the hospital, it was hidden in a compartment in the wall. Yamazaki was there when I found it... so that's how he knows." I said. Otani stared at me.

"Why... didn't you tell us?" He asked. I shifted uncomfortably on the pillow.

"W- well..." I began. I took a deep breath. "Yamazaki said that revealing that note to everyone would make everyone panic. But... I guess that doesn't really matter now huh..." I stared at the floor. We shouldn't have hid that from everyone. But... I guess we could reveal it now. Especially since everyone knows that there's a traitor. Suddenly, I felt someone's arms wrap around me, pulling me into a warm hug.

"It's okay Hirano. I trust you. And you made a great decision." Otani said. I felt tears fall out of my eyes, as I pulled my arms around him too. After a couple of moments, we both let go. "And I'm glad you told me. I'm glad you trust me with that information. It's very brave to share anything in our situation." I smiled.

"Yeah. Thanks!" I said. After a bit more chatting, I got up and left. It was nice talking to Otani. But I also wanted to talk to the others.

Now I had two choices in front of me. Kawata and Yamazaki. I wanted to talk to both of them, but who chills I chat with first. I took a deep breath. I needed to save the most important for last. Or maybe I was just scared.

"Um, hi Kawata." I said, sitting down on the ground next to him. He nearly jumped out of his skin, his eyes going wide as he looked at me. He took a deep breath, the emotion draining from his face as he looked away.

"Hey... Hirano..." He replied. I stared at him for a moment.

"Is... everything okay? You don't seem to be yourself." I responded. He closed his eyes, pulling up his legs and stuffing his face into them, his arms resting on top. He took a long sigh.

"What do you think?" He asked. There was a small moment of silence.

"Well... I think you're not doing very well." I paused. "Hey, why didn't you hug Kajiwara if you mind me asking? It was kind of your thing you always did. I'm not gonna lie, I thought it was kind of weird for awhile, you know? But you didn't do it this time... a- and I kind of thought it was kind of weird. Is it because Kajiwara's a guy and everyone else has been..." My words started to trail off, as I looked to Kawata. It looked like he had gotten the hiccups. My eyes went wide. No, that wasn't what was going on. "Kawata... a- are you crying?"