Chapter 37

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HI AGAIN PEOPLE! THANKS FOR STAYING WITH THIS STORY SO LONG. AND I'VE GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOU GUYS. MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING ME HOW THE CHARACTERS LOOK. WELL, I'M GONNA BE POSTING PICTURES OF THE CHARACTERS RANDOMLY. SO BE SURE TO READ REGULARLY!

 THURSDAY, THE 4TH OF OCTOBER:

It's been sooo long since I wrote in you Lola...I had my exams coming up, that's why...And Jordan called me up to tell me that the results are due today. Shit.

      But thank God dad's gone...he would've flipped over my grades, English especially. I did pretty well in everything else....Math was a breeze, Chem was okay though. I dunno about the rest....anyway I've GOT to go look at my grades. Wanna come along?? Just in case? Okay I'm gonna dump you in my bag....No byes for now!

    Ho-l-y C-ra-p. Today was so much drama. Like, seriously. What the faack. I did not even have time to write in you Lola. It was such a blur....Shit. I'll just tell you what happened.

        I went to school-low key as usual-walked. I saw Julie on the way...but I was too preoccupied to notice that dumbass traitor. I went past the cycle stand, and went through the car park to get to class (My personal shortcut you see) Bad mistake. 

       The ONLY asshole with parents stupid(and rich) enough to have a car (with a driver beside him-learner's permit) was seated on the hood of a brand new Bentley. What stupid idiot gives a stupider idiot a BENTLEY? For Pete's sake! And I'm begging for a secondhand bike. 

          Dan watched me walk(more like walk-run) past his car. Rosalie (what the hell?!) walked right in front of me. She spread both her legs apart and stood with her hands on her hips-mid cheerleader position. (I must say that her legs are pretty awesome....Long with no roly poly thingys-That's why she wears super short skirts) I stopped (WHAT could I do?) 

       She looked over at Dan, then at me.  He didn't do anything, so she just scowled, made a face at me and stepped back....and then walked over to Dan and leaned all over him. He jerked off the hood, and proceeded to walk to class.

        Rosalie lost her balance, scowled at me (ahgain) and traipsed off behind Dan, tottering in her high heels.

        I just hung my head, and walked to class. I entered, and saw Jordan grinning and joking around with Rick. Honestly, his laugh is enough to brighten up anybody's day. He laughs most of the time (Either he's a very happy person, or just high most of the time) But I think it's just that he takes nothing seriously.

       He saw me coming, and gave me a thumbs up. I grinned, and went and sat in the seat next to him. I wondered how it was empty, but Jason later told me (In a husky-smokey kinda voice) that Jordan had shooed away seven girls who'd tried to sit there. That was pretty cool.

           Then, here comes the bad part. Lava Rock enters, with a bunch of report cards stacked in her hands. Dan jumped up to help her out (Pathetic li'l scumbag). She gave him a gratifying smile, and then proceeded to distribute them.

        She read out a few names and distributed the cards. She came to mine pretty quickly (DAMN the C for Clara!) and I walked up. She looked through my card with a shocked look, and handed it over.

          And that's when it started. My card's contents:

History    -    D

Math        -    D

Physics   -    E

Chem      -    D

Biology    -    F

French     -    F

Geo         -     F

English   -    A >>>>>>>>>>WHAT THE HELL?????

           I literally zombie-walked back to my place. I was shocked. Then Jordan returned saying: "Dudes!! I passed! C in everything! Thanks Clara for ALL your help! Hey-what the hell is wrong with you??" I guess I must've looked pretty pathetic.

           My eyes were brimming with tears (What else? Diet coke?) and I was shaking (Why, though?) I gently placed my report on the table. and clasped my hands together to stop them from shaking. 

          Jordan kneeled down next to me, and picked up my report card. He read through it with an unreadable expression, then burst out laughing. He said: "Clara, there is NO way these are your grades. Especially English. One sec.." 

              And just like that he walked straight up to Lava Rock and handed her the report card, and said a few words. She nodded, and left the classroom.

         He the walked back up to me, unclasped my hands, and grinned, and said: "You're a dumbass to believe those were your grades....I thought you were smarter than that" and proceeded to talk to Rick about the after effects of cocaine. 

I honestly was just shell shocked, I just sat there like a dumbass. I did NOT know how to react. Dan came over and sneered at me. He was like "Hey guys, know what's WORSE than being a nerd? Being a TOTAL epic failure. Clara, you don't have a social life, no grades, then what DO you do at home? Eat and grow fat?" and sniggered. Rosalie jumped onto my desk, sat on it with her legs crossed (Sharon Stone *Basic Instincts* style) and laughed loudly. Dan promptly left.

What the hell is up with those two?? But I had NO time to think, as the bell rang for break and the students dispersed. I just sat. Julie walked right past me, making sure to flash her STRAIGHT A's report card at me before leaving. Jordan proceeded to drag me out of the seat into the corridor.

 He pulled me out and shook me hard, and said "Listen, those are NOT your f*****g grades. I spoke to ma'am about it. She's gone to the head to talk about it". I just mumbled some shit like "Yeah, C B D mmmm". 

He looked over at Rick and Jason. They just stared straight back. And then Jordan grinned. They looked startled for a second, then grinned too. He said "Clara, you're in need of a lil pick up huh?"

I looked back and forth between them, and then reality came crashing down on me all at once. I had flunked every subject possible, except for English (My weak link) I'd gained two pounds since my imaginary breakup with Philip. I'd lost my best friend, Julie. I was besties with a smuggler and his narcotic friends. 

What the hell is my life coming to? I looked at Jordan, and nodded. He slipped me a piece of paper with this address on it:

THE OLD WORN OUT VICTORIAN STYLE BUILDING, 

PACIFIC STREET,

OPP. OCEAN HILL.

SATURDAY, 11:00 p.m.

I glanced up quizzingly at him, but he made a shushing gesture, and took it and put it inside my backpack.

The bell rang, signalling classes had begun. People around me ran...I just walked back slowwwly..back to that torture chamber. Honestly, why do people go to high school? To get eternally embarassed? Huh?

Classes proceeded as usual. I was sleeping like a fish (with eyes wide open) . Jordan gave me a few concerned glances, but apart from that nobody bothered. I wonder why I even exist sometimes.

Before I came home, Jordan pulled me aside and he told me "No matter what, don't tell your parents your grades. I'll fix it...just...just hold on" and he ran off to join Rick, who was waiting for him by the gate.

I walked home looking like a retard, and mom looked over, concerned, when I came home. She's placing a plate of cookies in front of me right now Lola. My throat hurts. I can't tell my mom my grades, but I want to talk to somebody about it. Jordan's there...but...we're not really that close.

I so badly want to cry, but I can't. I'm gonna go to bed now Lola. I haven't eaten a single cookie.

Maybe when I wake up I'll be dead.

 CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHO GETS CAUGHT FOR TAMPERING WITH CLARA'S GRADES? COMMENT BELOW! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE DEDICATED TO THAT SMARTY PANTS!