Chapter 15

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW AND I DECIDED TO UPDATE BEFORE THAT. THIS IS THE 15TH CHAPTER HERE. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT!

B.T.W: THANKS FOR ALL THE READS, VOTES AND COMMENTS!:):):):)

WEDNESDAY, THE 6TH OF AUGUST:      

                                Lola, please tell me everything that happened yesterday was a bad dream. Even I really can’t believe Dan is so uncaring.

    And after Dan spoke to me yesterday about dad, I haven’t been able to look my dad in the face. All my happiness at dad returning has vanished.

      I don’t feel happy anymore, Lola. I’m late for school, but I don’t really care. Life seems pretty purposless now, ‘cause all I do is cry, cry, cry…

      My mom’s calling for me to go to the dining hall and have some breakfast, so bye…

          Right now, I don’t know what to say, Lola. I’m just stunned at what levels Dan can stoop to get back at me.

     And Julie was not present today too! I heard it was because she had a terrible fever. Apparently, her temperature’s running REALLY high! I told her to get well soon, and I really wish she would Lola, because without her, I’m a wimp. A total chicken.

        Like yesterday, school began the usual way (I’ve now learnt that even the most normal of days can become TERRIBLE!) with our mathematics teacher starting synthetic division of polynomials.

        And during the next period Lava Rock announced that our projects were due next Monday. Well, I’ve pretty much finished the chart, so it won’t be a problem.

   Then, Dan went up to Lava Rock, and told her something.

         Lava Rock frowned, and then came up to me and said,

             “Clarissa, Daniel tells me you have put in absolutely no hard work, and that he’s preparing the model while you just wanted to do the chart. So he wants to partner with his friend Philip. Julie was Philip’s partner, but she’ll be absent for the next one week, so she won’t be able to deliver her project. So you’ll be doing your project all alone, without using Daniel’s idea” and she left.

        I was left sitting shell shocked in my seat. I turned and looked at Dan. He leaned forward and said, in a low tone,

          “Welcome to my world…” and started talking with Philip. Philip just looked at me, shrugged, and resumed talking to Dan.

                               And Lola, this isn’t the worst part.

           Dan forgave Rosalie, and now she’s on the cheerleading squad, plus she kicked Sylvia out of the ‘Belles’.

     And now Rosalie’s getting real friendly to Dan, and she’s totally rude to me. Doesn’t she remember how I defended her yesterday? I hate popular people!

         And they should start calling Dan the “Don” of our school. He drives me…to despair.

           And Margaret came up to me at recess and said,

                   “Look, what you did yesterday was totally stupid. But it was real nice of you. But that kind of stuff doesn’t work in high school, Clara. You either obey Dan or face the consequences. And by the way, Ned is a really nice guy” and I said,

              “Oh, I know, he dumped wheatgerm mush on my face, which was real sweet of him” and Margaret actually had the nerve to say,

                     “Is wheatgerm mush good for our face, then?”

    I gave her a Look (Take that, girl) and said angrily,

           “It’s almost as good as having a backstabbing fiend for a best friend!” and I walked past her, when Dan suddenly stuck out his foot, and I fell flat on my face on the ground.

      Dan sniggered, and said,

            “Oooh, look, Clarissa Parker trips over her own clumsy feet. No wonder then that nobody asked her to the prom!” and all the cheerleaders swept past me with their pom poms’ in a judicious sort of way, and settled themselves on chairs near Dan. I got up and sat at a lonely table all by myself.

          During mathematics the teacher taught us how to find the weight of a hollow cylinder. I just copied the sums and left for language class.

        Dan chose French too, and he humiliated me there too by calling me names like ‘Gori’ (Don’t know what that means) and when I responded scathingly he said ‘te toi, gori’ and the entire French class laughed. I really don’t know what he meant.

        And when I was leaving home, I saw Dan offering Rosalie a ride home. He is so sickening! And Rosalie accepted the ride! That twisted, double-crossing, scheming little witch! HOW could I ever have felt sorry for her!

       When I went home, dad said he was leaving for Copenhagen (The capital of Denmark- the one fact I know in my geography text book) tomorrow morning.

           I ate my dinner silently and went to my room, cried a bit, listened to Amy Winehouse’s song ‘Rehab’, and did my mathematics homework. I also looked up the words ‘Gori’ (It means gorilla!) and ‘te toi’ (that means shut up).

    No wonder the class laughed! I feel like a lonely, wandering fool (like the one’s in the Shakespeare plays, though even they seem to have a better time than me!), Lola, and it feels bad…

NOTE TO SELF: THINK OF WAYS TO EMBARRASS DAN. (THIS IS COMPLETELY HOPELESS. I’LL ONLY END UP DOING SOMETHING STUPID. LIKE TRIPPING ON MY OWN FEET, AS HE SAID!)

RESOLUTION:LEARN MORE FRENCH.

OUTFIT WORN TODAY:A SLEEVELESS GREEN TOP WITH PINK THREE-FOURTHS AND A BLACK BELT.

HOMEWORK:FINISHED IT AT SCHOOL, ‘CEPT FOR MATHS.