Chapter 6

MONDAY, THE 28TH OF JULY:

It's school day, Monday! (Boo hoo woo hoo)I've really got to get ready, since I'm fifteen minutes late already! Bye!!!!

School is like, well, a place you go for learning. Not for popularity contests or cheerleading tryouts!

Yes, Lola. You hit the nail on the head!

There's a prom night next Saturday and...alright, I was kicked out of the cheerleading tryouts and Julie...she and Dan really seem to get on well. I guess it's because they

1) Love Mathematics

2) Think Global Warming is a major problem for today's youth, and

3) Think Geography is totally useless.

Well, the whole class hates geography (courtesy lava rock), so the last point really is not of much importance. And if you're wondering how I got all this information, it's because I snooped around Dan and Julie the whole day, nosing in on their conversation.

I never got caught!

Except once, I was under Dan's table during recess, and he just HAD to sharpen his pencils and throw the shavings underneath his table. I sneezed, and both their heads looked under the table.

Now, I gave them an awkward Look (That felt GREAT!) and said,

"Just checking the floor!" and grinned. Dan and Julie looked at me, and of course, Dan just had to make some snide comment,

"Why are you doing that? Wait...are you the janitor's daughter? Then that means you lied your dad was a business man who was always overseas!" and then the 'immature pig' (I call him that since 5th grade) started laughing. Julie joined in, but extended a hand to help me up.

She smiled at me, and pulled me up, but I banged my head on the desk.

That hurt, Lola!

Dan started roaring with laughter, and Julie laughed too, but said "I'm sorry, Clarissa. I didn't mean to hurt you" and smiled apologetically.

I managed a smile, my face burning with shame, and my head hurting badly.

And at cheerleading tryouts, I played a Shakira song and tried to do her moves. I ended up twisting my ankle and falling flat on my face. The cheerleaders laughed, and Rosalie said

"You're a shame to...yourself!"

And her sidekicks said

"Hahaha!" (Surprise, surprise!)

I limped out, and the 'immature pig' saw me, and started laughing again. Grrrrr... how I hate him!

After school, Miss. Priscilla announced that the whole school was having a prom night on Saturday. All the cheerleaders started talking about their outfits, and who they would go with.

I was left all alone, and felt pretty bad. Dan looked at his football buddies and said something like,

"Hey, guys, how about skipping the prom night for practice, and heading to Starbucks for some coffee afterwards?"

They all nodded, and gave each other high fives. Julie looked pretty left out, and I guess I did too, so there's no point in me feeling sorry for her.

A few seconds later, Julie came up to me, and said,

"Hey Clara, I'm new here, and if you're not going to the prom (was my expression that obvious?)... Is it okay if I spend Saturday night at your house? That's because...I don't know anyone here yet, and I want to know you better, as you seem to be Dan's good friend"

I bristled with rage, and said "I have the greatest pride in having a special relationship with Dan. I am his biggest nemesis!" and I drew myself up proudly.

Julie looked quizzically at me, and said "You're his ONLY nemesis, because everyone else here seems to like him"

I deflated like a pricked balloon, and said

"Well, you're right. He is quite popular, and I'm not that popular, because of him...that's why we're enemies"

Julie just smiled, and repeated,

"So, can I sleep over?" I hesitated, because Dan might have really sent her to snoop on me. But if I was clever enough, I think I could worm some stuff about Dan from her.

So I smiled too, and said she could. I went home, feeling quite disgusted with myself. I finished my biology homework, with help from my mother. She' really good at human anatomy. So now, I'm writing in you, Lola, with considerable disgust. Bye for now!

NOTE TO SELF:STOP LISTENING TO JESSE MCCARTNEY'S 'SHE'S NO YOU' FOR THE TWENTIETH TIME IN A ROW!

RESOLUTION: GO SHOPPING ON FRIDAY FOR THE SLEEPOVER STUFF.

OUTFIT WORN TODAY:A BLUE TOP WORN WITH A PINK SKIRT AND SILVER BELT.

HOMEWORK: CALL JULIE UP AND ASK HER WHAT SHE'S WEARING. SHE GAVE ME HER PHONE NUMBER; I ADDED IT TO THE EMPTY PHONE BOOK MY DAD GOT ME LAST YEAR.

AUTHOR'S NOTE : thank you soo much for reading this story ... it feels amazing to have 60reads in like nt even a day!!!!

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!