Chapter 4

SATURDAY, THE 26TH OF JULY:

Lola, I've been thinking all night, and since today's a holiday.

As I said, I've been thinking (Surprise! I'm thinking!) And I figured I had to get into one of the clubs to make new friends, and revive my popularity (Well, I never had any popularity to begin with).

The question is: what club should I join?

Definitely not the nerds club.

The cheerleading club is out of the question. {unless I start doing sit ups everyday and get designer wear, plus start dieting, and do yoga sessions(Not gonna happen), and go to parties and have fancy manicures(where do I get the money from?) and either be voted prom queen or cheerleading captain at least once. (SO not gonna happen) In short, I'm never going to be a part of that snobby group!}

Well right now, I'm playing Hannah Montana songs and dancing (pretending to dance, you know I can't dance) I'm also going to make it up to my mother. I'll let you know how after I come back from the mall. Tata!

Lola, I've never been happier. Guess why? I made it up with my mom!

I went to the mall, purchased a yoga outfit, a few yoga cd's, a yoga food book, and headed off home (In case you're wondering where I got the money from, I spent all my allowance on this) and guess who I saw buying dumbbells and requesting the fitness store manager how to get six pack abs? You're right, Lola, it was Dan! But I just walked past him carrying all my yoga stuff.

He stuck out his foot to trip me, but I neatly stamped his foot, and walked past him. He yelled in pain, and the manager was so startled that he dropped one of the dumbbells he was holding... on Dan's other foot. Dan squealed in pain (Again!) and I left, feeling extremely happy at heart.

Afterwards, when I came home, I made sure mom was out, and then tried to cook up some of the yoga recipes mentioned in the book, which was named

'Tips to make TASTY yoga food' (Wow! I never knew that was even possible!) That's why I bought it, Lola.

I then started to cook a dish called 'wheat germ a la carte' (whatever that means, and luckily, my refrigerator was stocked with wheat germ and sprouts)

I also made some lemonade my mom really likes (I make pretty good lemonade) and inserted a yoga CD into the player.

I then put on the yoga outfit. Boy was it tight! (But cute... I hope!)

When the bell rang, I opened the door cheerily, and welcomed my mom inside. She gave me a weird Look (NOOOO!!!!!) and went inside.

I pushed her into a chair, pulled the table up to her (Sweating a lot) and played a yoga cd. And guess what? I actually started doing the yoga moves on the television

My mom gave me a look of great amusement as she watched a sweaty faced teenage girl huffing and puffing on the hall mat. She then got up and hugged me (that felt great, Lola. I felt real happy just then).

After that, she sat down on the sofa with me next to her and said,

"Darling, if you're facing some problems at school, just talk to me, because, I was a teenager too once. And by the way, where is Margaret all these days?"

That was too much. I completely broke down and told my mother everything.

She held my hand and said

"Sweetie, times may be tough, but that's when the tough get going!" she then noticed the 'oh no-she's preaching-what will-I-do?' look on my face, and smiled at me.

"Come on, why don't we go and eat some real food, not poison" she said, pushing away the food I had made on the table.

I smiled weakly at her, and said "Try the lemonade" My mother smiled at the lemonade, and we both started laughing.

These are times when I feel my mom is my best friend in the world (Second to you, of course, Lola) and we had a fantastic night, watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" on television, and eating some popcorn (We went to a store and bought some popcorn and coke)

We had the best time ever. Lola, sometimes God is really good, don't you think so? And (yawn) that movie rocked, and I'm really sleepy, so nighty night!

NOTE TO SELF: GIVE MOM A BIG HUG TOMORROW MORNING.

RESOLUTION:NEVER SHOUT AT MOM. EVER.

OUTFIT WORN TODAY: AT HOME, I WORE THE TIGHT BLACK YOGA OUTFIT.

HOMEWORK:NOTHING! IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY, IT'S BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SCHOOL TODAY.