Chapter 2

THURSDAY, THE 24TH OF JULY:              

                Hallo, Lola. Today school starts. Yippee! Guess why I’m so happy?

                     It’s because I can tell everyone about Dan at the fitness centre, and spoil his first day at high school. Yipee again!

                     Right now I’ve got to go and eat some wheat germ mush my mum’s made, and rush off to school.

                     I’m back from school, Lola, and I hope you trust me, because right now, you’re the only friend I have. I’m crying right now, so sorry for the blotchy ink on this page.

         My life is ruined as a high school girl, and people regard me as a liar.

                    Let me tell you what happened…

                        I wore a sparkly pair of blue jeans with a red tank top, and set off brightly to school (totally irrelevant, I know…just a bit of extra information to liven things up, because things are NOT lively!)

                   When I reached school I was greeted by Margaret (In case I haven’t mentioned, she is- was-my best friend)

                  She’s sweet, funny, and smart-or so I thought…

                  I told her about Dan, and we both had a fit of the giggles. She said,

                 ”Hey, Clara, why don’t you go tell everyone about him?”, and I was like

                ”Yeah, sure, of course” but felt a bit bad, cuz that sounds like the sort of mean thing only he was capable of doing (though, admittedly, it was what I had already been planning)

                 But I had no more time to think about it, because the bell rang and I had to rush to the school assembly.

                The principal gave a long, boring speech about mannerisms and that school is a “second home, except a home of learning, and the teachers are second mothers…blah…blah...blah…”

                  Really, Lola, if I had a second mother similar to the first…brrr…don’t wanna think about it.

                  Well, the principal’s speech finally got over, and I craned my neck for a glimpse of Dan, but couldn’t spot him (he’s probably hiding, the little chicken! Yeah right, I wish! With my luck, he’ll probably be receiving some gold medal from the mayor or something!)

                   When I entered the class, the teacher- an owl faced woman who loves waving her hands- asked us to sit down, and said

                   “Dear boys, and girls, I am Miss. Prissy Martinez, and I will be your teacher for ninth grade. You may have noticed that your classmate Dan is not here. It is because he has been appointed School Prefect, and has gone to attend a meeting”.

                  I WAS RIGHT! Sort of…

                   Really, Lola, I was fuming in my seat, and everyone turned and looked at me with a grin, because, after all, I am his best known enemy!

                  I blushed red to the roots of my hair, and sank into my seat. However, I was so gonna get that squid back. He’s going to be embarrassed on the first day at school, and his first day as prefect! TEE HEE HEE!