Chapter 36

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HI EVERYONE! SORRY FOR THE LONG, LOOONG WAIT! I HOPE YOU DON'T HATE ME NOW:(:(

        I HAD OTHER STUFF TO DO: MY MAIN EXAMS, ANGRY PARENTS, WELL YEAH, YOU GET THE IDEA. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVEN'T STOPPED READING THE STORY, PLEASE DON'T!

          I'LL TRY TO UPDATE ON TIME, THOUGH WITH MY FINAL YEAR OF SCHOOL COMING UP, I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW I'LL MANAGE IT. BUT 'WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY' SO KEEP READING AND BE HAPPY!!1:):):):):)     

THURSDAY, THE 3rd OF SEPTEMBER:

   Oh nana, what's my name....oh nana...what's my name, what's my naiayaaym.....Clarissa Parker of course. As you can probably tell, I listened to this song at least a hundred times last night while on the phone with Jordan. We chatted about basketball; he’s gonna try out for the team, you know…apparently he was the team captain in his previous school. Though I doubt he could beat the Dan Man over here. In my school, it’s like Dan's the god and we’re his disciples!! EEEEWW…what a disturbing thought!

       I just finished eating tortilla chips with a hint of mustard and salsa dip for breakfast. Thug life, baby. And I just found out about this awesome new flavored water. Makes you feel like you're drinking juice, but (hopefully) without the calories. Not that I really care about my weight anymore. Nope! High school is SO not the place for me anymore, Lola!!! Bye Lola, it's off to school for me!

       Today was a …um…different day at school, if I may say so…  We-ell, firstly I went to this totally rad place for lunch. No, I DID go to school Lola. It's just that I snuck out during lunch break with Jordan. He has this WAY with the watchman. Or maybe he just snuck him a bribe. Whatever.

      We went out to some snazzy diner with hot waiters (Mmmm) The food wasn't pretty bad too. I had some pita bread and hummus, Jordan had some lemon soda, and then left to the bathroom. He ate NOTHING. Why the hell did he bring me here then?

          I’ve learned not to ask any questions from experience (I have no friends, if that’s a clue!) so when he returned twenty minutes later, I merely told him that we were running late for school and had better be going. He agreed and we rushed back just in time for …guess what? ... Oh yeah, GEOGRAPHY. Now, I just wish we’d stayed at the diner, Lola.

           So, as usual, Lava Rock (who ELSE, I ask you???) entered the class. Today, she was wearing this flowery pink dress which Rosalie kept criticizing and laughing at. And do you believe. Get THIS: Julie was sitting next to Rosalie. Of all the things to do. Sure, this was probably because Dan was to her other side, but still… I can’t digest the fact, Lola.

         They were chatting about hot actors and models. How IDIOTIC! I mean, sure, Julie and I have had long blissful conversations on this topic many times. But to have them with ROSALIE is totally another thing, don’t you think?

        So I just talked with…yeah…Jordan, who currently, is my only friend… by the way, he introduced me to a couple of his friends! Out of school, of course. Here in school, he has but a few friends, not counting the numerous girls drooling over how hot he looks. His other friends, Rick and Jason, seem pretty….um…weird? They were all drawn in and introvertistic (is this a word?) and everything when I met them after school. I think I’ll just stick to Jordan!

        Then, now for the big news! Jordan made it into the basketball team! It was during the last period P.E. Dan and Philip were in charge. Dan, because he’s the captain, and Philip, because he’s the captain’s best friend. Not a very FAIR system, I know, but, hey, when was high school EVER fair?

      So, basically, after the tryouts (one of the old members was kicked out-by Dan-did I forget to mention?)- there wasn’t much competition really, two or three guys who totally goofed up. One guy, called Branson, was pretty OK, I guess, and Philip seemed dead keen on keeping him, but then came Jordan’s turn. He totally startled everyone with his EPIC performance!

      So in the end, even though Philip kept insisting on that Brandon guy, Jordan was selected. I was one of the first to congratulate him, after Rosalie led the cheerleaders into a well- rehearsed cheering sequence, and THAT, was pretty fake, Lola!

         When I came back home, there was news for me. Dad came back Lola!! And for a whole WEEK this time. Mom hadn't told me because she said that I looked like I was BADLY in need of a surprise. Oh yeah! She was RIGHT, Lola! For dinner, we went to this cool Chinese restaurant at Smithson Street. I ate some chow mein and sampled some hot Chinese soup. I tried to eat the noodles using the chopsticks they had laid out, but then, I realized that hands were the best cutlery!

    All in all Lola today was FUN! Lunch AND dinner at a restaurant? Who would’ve thought that the ‘wheat germ mush’ girl could manage it??? But yet, Julie’s not my friend anymore, and that sort of makes me feel bad.

          In the end, Lola, I can say only one thing, my name’s DEFINITELY Clarissa Parker!!!

     NOTE TO SELF: STOP singing already!

    RESOLUTION: Do NOT listen to songs when you are sleepy: they stick in your head!

     OUTFIT WORN TODAY: Black jeans and plain light blue top.

     HOMEWORK: I am SO not in the mood to complete it now!