Chapter 21

TUESDAY, THE 12TH OF AUGUST:

                 Lola, I just figured something out. I’m becoming a nerd! I got straight A’s in three subjects, which I’ve never achieved before. I’m also performing exceedingly well in biology. If I’m a nerd, will I become even less popular? Even if it’s not possible!

         I never thought that that was possible, but it looks like that now. And Philip, he doesn’t get good grades either. In fact, he failed Geography.

         I don’t want to be branded a dork, but my mom is just so happy that I’m finally getting good grades. What should I do?

        I’m just back from school. I’m feeling partially happy, partially sad, and partially angry. I’m happy because I got an A+ in my biology test, which was the top grade.

        Dan whispered “Dork”, and when I bent down, a paper ball hit me on my head. I picked it up, and it read “Our class’s little unpopular dork/nerd”. I turned round angrily and saw Philip grinning, along with Dan and Mark.

       I turned the other side, and saw Rosalie and her other friends smirking. Julie told me not to mind them, and that they were all jealous. That still doesn’t make up for the fact that Philip laughed at me.

          And at lunch, Philip, Mark and Dan made it up, and they’re all back together. Mark broke up with Veronica today, on Dan’s instructions, and she was really miserable. I feel sorry for her, as well as for myself. Why, oh why did I have to fall for one of Dan’s closest friends?

             My mom was so happy when she saw my Biology grade she took me to a Chinese eat out. We walked across the fitness center, and I saw Dan working out hard.

   He saw me, and continued to sweat it out, without any change. I tossed my hair, tripped on my shoelaces and fell flat on my face. Dan saw that and started laughing, and was shouted at by the instructor.

          I really have to get some sleep, Lola. I’m losing it. Great grades, crushing on the Dan man’s best friend…I can’t believe all this is happening to me.

NOTE TO SELF: FORGET PHILIP.

RESOLUTION: FORGET PHILIP.

OUTFIT WORN TODAY: REPEAT OF LAST TUESDAY.

HOMEWORK:

1) MATHEMATICS- COMPLETE STATISTICS PG110-120

2) ENGLISH-DO TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES EX.3

3) LANGUAGE-NOTHING.