Chapter 28

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS ONE CHAPTER THAT I'VE BEEN DYING TO UPLOAD. IT'S MAINLY TO CLEAR SOME DOUBTS MY FRIEND HAD ABOUT DAN TURNING GOOD AND ALL THAT. I TOLD HER HE'S NOT, AND HERE'S THE PROOF. ENJOY!

P.S DON'T KILL ME AT SCHOOL!!!

MONDAY, THE 24nd OF AUGUST:

                 Lola, I’m going to school today with a major resolution. I’m going to talk to Julie alone, and ask her why she’s so mad at me.

                 I don’t care even if Dan happens to mysteriously pop inside (He does do that a lot) the room, and embarrasses me. I don’t care. Really, Lola, I don’t care. All I care is that I want my best friend back.

                The dud’s snoring on the couch, after watching a movie late in the night. I got to wake her up and tell her I’m leaving.

                 I pretty much miss my mom. I could tell her all about my problems.

            I’ve got so much to handle, Lola. I just had a cup of orange juice and eggs and bacon (Yup, I’m off my diet). I’m off to school now. Wish me luck, Lola!

                  Lola, I’m deeply hurt. I’m so badly hurt I could throw myself on my bed now and cry. Why am I so confused? I never really judge people correctly. Listen to what happened at school today:

                As usual, the day started off rather normally, with Rosalie and her stupid gang laughing at me and the Dan Man tripping me with his foot. Yup! This is about as normal as normal gets in my school.

               Then, after our break period, I headed straight for Math class. I entered the class, and Dan, who was sitting on a table and throwing paper balls into the dustbin (he kept missing, by the way), looked up.

                He slid off the desk, and smiled menacingly at me. He looked like he was going to say something, but the teacher entered the class.

                 Dan looked rather disappointed, but went and sat next to Philip, who was busy talking to Mark, I sat next to Julie, but she didn’t even look at me. We did some extra trigonometry sums, and then the bell rang for geography.

                Lava Rock entered the class, and opened her textbook, but just then a fifth grader came and informed her that she was wanted urgently in the principal’s office.

               The whole class jeered and cheered as soon as she left, and started playing around.

            I turned to face Julie and was about to talk, when I saw Dan coming towards me. He gestured to Julie to get out of the chair, and she quickly obeyed. How on earth does he get her to do that? I wondered.

       Unfortunately, I soon found out.

                 He seated himself next to me, and started grinning. I stared at him for a split second, and then said,

                                 “Idiot, get out of here”.

     He smirked and said,

                  “Philip, come here”.

      Philip looked up, rather surprised, but he got up and walked over. He was like another one of Dan's hand puppets.

            Dan got up, and said (uh-oh!),

               “Hey, Phil, here’s a simple enough question. Do you like Clarissa Parker the way she obviously likes you?”