47

Mitsuya and Draken walked into the meeting room of Bonten, yourself and Mikey already sat at the table. Kana had retreated to her room, the same for Karu. Everyone else was tasked with cleaning up until the maids showed up.

Draken looked down at you as he stood, taking his hand to grab your jaw to move your head to the side. His eyes darkened at the dark and busted lip, immediately looking at Mikey. "Ask your godson about it."

He immediately became confused as you sighed. "Just sit down please." They both sat and Mitsuya pulled his tablet out. "Show us the video."

They could see how exhausted you were. Recently, you had opened up to Mitsuya about still gaining memories, and it was taking a lot from you mentally. Waking up at night from bad dreams, which after talking to Mitsuya you realized they were just bad memories. It was hard to fall back asleep after it so they were plenty of sleepless nights. Also trying to regain a whole new relationship with your children was wearing you out. It was getting better, just not fast enough.

Mitsuya pulled up a side by side footage on the tablet. The left side was a man, face covered by a hat and mask, walking into the same meeting room where Kana was downloading everything to the flash drive. He popped the lock on the door to the basement and walked down there. The right side showed the end of the stairs, the camera perfectly set up to show the see through cell walls. They could see Mai on the far side, a smile taking over her face as he approached. "I thought you would never get here."

He looked down at the keypad on the door, taking a rock from his pocket and smashing it. The alarm immediately went off as he opened the door and they hugged. "Who is this guy?" Squinting at the camera, your eyes immediately widened once his mask came off.

"I missed you so much, big brother!"

Maya explained how there was a back door and Akio said he already had a car parked there. The ran out of the cameras frame, the video then ending. Your face was blank, the silent anger rising as you seen Akio's face. It wasn't too different, he definitely looked older and the facial hair around his face was salt and pepper look. Remembering the last words, the promise, you made to him if he came around again crossed your mind.

"They're dead."

They all looked at you, worry in their eyes. Draken was the first to speak. "Y/N, we can find her again and get everything out of her-"

"No."

Your voice was firm, leaving no room for discussion. Clicking your tongue, your cold eyes looked ahead. "Their death, Inagawas downfall, is long overdue. I'm done with this game. The hurt my children, killed my best friend, and did something so inhumane to me, I should've killed that bitch when I left." Looking at each and every one of them, you made sure to get your point across. "Once we find them,

a bullet is going in their heads, personally given by me."

Kana closed the app on her phone, hearing the entire meeting that you just held. The fact that she just seen Mai and now she's out makes her skin crawl. What happened all those years ago will never go away from her mind.

Neither of their minds.

Karu was packing a bag when Kana knocked on the door. He raised a brow, quickly tossing the bag to the floor and scooting it under the bed. "Come in." He was relieved to see it was only his twin. Sighing, he picked the bag back up and resumed what he was doing. "What's up?"

Kana could tell that he was sobered up from a few hours earlier. Though backhanding your mother would sober anyone up very quickly. Pushing the thought aside, she became confused. "What are you doing?"

"Leaving."

Easing her brows, Kana walked closer. "And why is that?"

Leaning on the bed, Karu sighed and looked up at her. "Because I'm not good for this family. Dad thinks so, Draken thinks so, hell I'm sure mom does too." Seeing Kanas look, he scoffed. "You're perfect, Kana. You're smart, really smart. And professional and you have a cool temper, steady mind. Everything that's needed for a leader. I'm a fuck up. I fucked up our relationship, and mine and dads. And I'm sure mom wants nothing to do with me right now."

"Karu, that's not true-"

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't!" Karu was surprised to hear Kana raise her voice at him. "Mom wants nothing more than to rekindle the relationship she had with both of us. She has never been so mad to the point she wouldn't want anything to do with you. She loves you, Karu. We all do."

He looked down at their conjoined hands, looking up to give her a sad smile. "I'm leaving Kana. I'm gonna figure out a way to make up for everything I've done."

"I know a way you can." Looking at her, she took a deep breath. "Mai escaped Brahman."

They just stared at eachother as Karu took in the information. He shared the same feeling as Kana did. The whole incident still gave him nightmares. They literally had her, and now she's gone. Nodding, he zipped his bag up. "Well, looks like I'm going after her."

Kana scoffed. "I'm coming with you."

Karu scoffed right back. "Like hell you are."

"Listen here. That bitch did as much damage to me as she did you. You're not doing this by yourself because I deserve this too." Clenching her jaw, he groaned.

"Go pack a bag!"

Kana hurriedly packed a light bag, making sure she took only necessities to get through what could be a very long trip. Setting up a little something for her parents, she went back to Karus room and followed him out of his window. They left their phones on his bed. His room faced the woods and there was only one guard that stood back there. There was a 15 minute interval where they changed at midnight. Taking the chance, they ran to the woods, not looking back.

Once they were in the clear, Kana asked a dangerous question. "How are we getting anywhere?"

Karu smirked at her as headlights showed up through the trees. Kenji pulled into the clearing through the path in his car, a big smile on his face. "Oh my god."

Putting their bags in the back, Karu and Kana got in, going for a very long ride.

Mikey yawned as he walked out of his bedroom, stretching away. You walked out at the same time from the guest room, stopping a giving Mikey a small smile. "Are the kids awake?"

He shrugged his shoulders, knocking on Kanas door first. "Kana? Wake up."

Hearing no response, you looked at each other before he opened the door. It was empty, no sign of her and her laptop was sitting on the bed. You went into Karus room, finding it the same. Their phones laid there and the window was wide open. "Y/N!"

Running back into Kanas room, you found Mikey watching the footage playing on the laptop. It was from your meeting yesterday, about Mai. "There's also this." He held up at night and you just looked at it in disbelief.

'Bet we find her before you.'