36

Opening your eyes, you seen Baji dumbly waving at you with a big smile. "Welcome back Y/N."

Giving him a smile, you walked towards eachother. Wrapping his arm around you, he leaned his head down with a huge smile. Even though you lost him so long ago, he was still so much taller than you.

"Ready for some more memories?" Nodding, you both looked up at the flashing colors. "Picking up where we left off."

The lights stopped once again, before something started playing back. Once Baji seen what it was, he backed away from you, his head down. "Mikey what's going on?"

"I don't know, I just need you with me!"

You had no idea why you were Mikey were running down the streets, though you could see the lights in the distance. As yours and Mikey's younger selves pushed to the front, it all started making sense.

Baji and Kazutora were being escorted from Shinichiros bike shop, cuffs on their wrists. Baji had looked over at you and Mikey, tears in his eyes while Kazutora just kept muttering things with a crazed look in his eyes.

Your shoulders had slightly slumped forward as everything came back to you. Your voice was shaky as you began to speak. "Oh yeah, you and Kazutora killed Shin. I remember all of that."

Baji walked closer to you and everything after that played faster to skip to another core memory. "I remember testifying for Kazutora, trying to get him a lighter sentence. We all did, even Mikey. One of the worse things ever."

Turning to look at Baji, you have him a small smile, causing him to smile back. "You guys were just kids trying to help out your friend."

A few more memories went by before seeing one that put you in a pretty sour mood. "I hated those Haitanis." You watched as you laid on the ground, Pah and Peh beside you unconscious. You remember threatening the Haitanis that day.

You seen a lot more memories. Meeting Takemichi, fighting Moebius, getting back at the Haitanis and Kazutora getting out of jail. Baji suddenly wrapped his arm around your shoulder as the Valhalla fight began.

You fought alongside your friends and gang. Mikey was able to get away from Kazutora and defeat him. It was all going good.

Until it wasn't.

Your eyes widened as you watched Kazutora stab Baji. He continued fighting until it became too much, and he stabbed himself so Kazutora wouldn't have that blood on his hands. He collapsed on the ground as Chifuyu ran to him. Mikey began hitting Kazutora, the intention to kill him.

You fell to your knees beside him, caressing Bajis face. "Was this part of your plan too?"

"Not in the slightest."

Baji had died and you convince Mikey to stand down from Kazutora. He went back to prison, taking the blame.

"Ah shit."

Turning to Baji, you noticed he began to vanish, confusing you. "This didn't happen when I left last time."

"Because you didn't remember I was dead last time."

He fell to his knees, you running to his side as tears clouded your eyes. "No no no no, I can't do this again Baji. You can't leave again."

He laid down, his head on your lap. His body vanished even more. "You'll be okay, Y/N. Your this much closer to remembering your family. Besides, you were able to survive me dying the first time. You'll be fine."

He gave you one last smile for he completely vanished.

Gone forever.

Opening your eyes, you stared at the wall, tears falling slowly.

He was gone.

Baji had left you again. You had to relive not only loosing him that first time but also loosing him again. It didn't feel real.

Though you knew there was so much more you needed to remember. You had to keep going to get back to your family.

But now that Baji was gone, who would be the one to guide you?

Hearing your phone go off, you sighed before grabbing it, seeing a text from Mai.

'Raiding of Bonten will be next week. We have a meeting in an hour, don't be late.'

Kana and Karu sat in front of Kazutoras grave, passing some snacks back and forth. "Oh this one's for him." Kana placed a snack in front of the grave, continuing to eat.

Every year, the twins would come and celebrate Kazutoras life on his birthday. Though the Kana would always come the week after, knowing Karu would be there the day of. This was the first year they celebrated it together on the actual day.

Knowing it would get dark soon, they decided to leave. "See you later, Uncle Kazu."

Beginning their long walk home, the big meeting sat heavy on their minds. "I can't believe we're going to see her again. We haven't seen her since she kidnapped us."

"Karu." He looked back at Kana, who was staring at the ground. He slightly gasped when she looked up, seeing her tear filled eyes. "What if mom shows up?"

"Kana, we have to think positive about this."

"You don't get it. What if they actually did something to her memory? And she doesn't remember us at all? There's no telling what lies that leader has been feeding her all these years!"

Karu wrapped his arms around Kana as she began to sob. "Kana, you have to calm down."

"What if she kills us?!" They both looked at eachother with wide eyes. "What if Mai orders her to kill us and she does? What if we're killed by our mother."

"We won't be."

"Karu-"

"No!" Kana became silent as Karu gripped her upper arms. "Mom would never hurt us. You know that, we all know that. So we can't think like that. This might be our only chance at getting mom back." Wrapping his arm around her shoulders, Karu began to pull Kana away, back to their home.

"And I'll be damned if I let that bitch get in the way again."