24

Waking up, you sat up in the bed, looking out the window. Your accident was three months ago and you still hadn't regained any memories. They removed the cast off your leg, trading it out for a boot for three more weeks.

Standing up, you took your medicine before walking to your office. Since you couldn't really do field work, you stayed in your office, getting to know everything. You updated the files on clubs that Inagawa owns as well as making sure everything was going okay. You also went over what territory was apart of your gang, and what belonged to others.

Mai wouldn't even let you attend meetings until you were completely healed. It had been a long three months to say the least.

Your office doors opened, Mai stepping in with a bright smile. "Good morning!"

You smiled back, watching as she sat down. "Good morning Mai, what's on your agenda today?"

Over the last three months, you've come to learn that Mai is an absolute child. You've woken up many times with her laying in bed with you after a nightmare or when there's a storm. You felt used to it, like you remember always dealing with it.

"I was actually thinking we go to the gun range. To make sure you're not too rusty. It'll be fun!"

You hadn't shot a gun in a while. When you were by yourself the other night, you held the gun in your office. It felt like second nature. You had complete control.

"Sure, we can do that. After your meeting." She groaned as you smiled.

"I wished you'd hurry up and get better so you can take back over meetings, they're so boring." You laughed at her pout.

"Three more weeks."

While Mai was gone, you decided to walk around the large headquarters. Maids were cleaning around the place, bowing when you walked past them. You would always give them a small smile back, something they never got from Mai or Akio.

You shuddered when walking in front of Akios office. Mai told you he was out of town on business. Stopping in front of the doors, you hesitated before huffing, pushing his office doors open.

You didn't like Akio by any means. Always getting weird vibes from the man, you didn't like being around him. It was even worse when Mai and Akio were together.

His office was pretty simple. He, like you and Mai, had a painting above his desk. He looked too proud of himself for someone who can't even fight. His office was actually smaller than yours and Mais.

You jumped when you the office doors suddenly shut, turning to see Akio standing there. You kept a neutral face, trying to calm your heart from the scare. Giving you a small smirk, Akio raised a brow at you. "And what are you doing in my office?"

Huffing out a laugh, you gave him a small smile. "I was curious, on what it looked like. Can't really remember, you know."

He chuckled, nodding and starting to step forward. Your feet moved backwards until you hit the chair, gripping it as he walked closer. He stopped right in front of you, scanning every part of your face. "You know, curiosity did kill the cat."

Clenching your jaw, you gave him a closed lip smile. "Yeah, but satisfaction brought it back."

He laughed, nodding while staring at you. "Well, aren't you a smartass today." He brought his hand up to your cheek, causing you to completely freeze. Him touching you was starting to make you even more uncomfortable. He brushed his thumb slightly over your lips, making you wanna bite it off. "You're very beautiful, Y/N. Sometimes I'm glad you can't remember things. I honestly like you this way more."

Narrowing your eyes at him, you could feel something inside of you about to explode. "And what way is that?"

Smirking, he slightly leaned in. "Vulnerable and clueless."

Snap!

Akio dropped to his knees, crying and screaming as you held his broken hand, squeezing it harder. You pushed his hand away from you, causing him to fall back, cradling his broken hand. You began walking to the door, getting a headache from his crying. "Y/N! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Stopping, you turned around, causing him to shut up at the dark look you gave him. "Put your hands on me or Mai again, I'll break every bone in your fucking body."

You felt the bed slightly dip in, causing you to wake up. Used to this routine, you held your hand out for Mai to grab. She held it close to her. "What was it this time?"

"Another bad dream." Nodding, she took that as a signal to continue. "It was about Akio. It was more about what he used to do to us as kids. It's like it's coming back to haunt me for some reason."

Turning around, you pulled Mai closer to you, holding her. It felt so natural. So calming, for both of you.

"If Akio ever puts his hands on you again, you tell me. Do you understand?"

Feeling her nod, you began drifting back to sleep. You felt her curl more into your side, getting comfortable. "Thank you, Y/N."

Smiling, you placed a kiss on her head, sighing. "You're welcome, Mai."