23

Karu walked into Kanas room, eyes widening at what she was doing. Stuffing everything possible into two suitcases, she struggled getting everything. "Kana! What are you doing?"

Karu started pulling things out, making Kana upset. "Stop it Karu! I wanna live with dad!"

She pushed Karu away, making him fall to the ground. Wiping her tears, she glared at him before stuffing her stuff back into the suitcase. "It's better this way, Karu. I wish you would do it too."

"I don't think so."

Draken and Mikey stood in Brahman headquarters, talking about the custody situation. Mikey wanted both of his kids to come live with him, at least until you were found. Though, Draken was against the idea.

"I've helped raise them, I know everything about them. You just met them a month ago."

"Those are my kids. Until Y/N is found, it's fair that they live with their father. So that I get to know them, like you have."

"Mikey, you have a gang to run! You won't even have time for them."

Mikey scoffed, glaring at Draken. "You hypocrite, so do you! Since Y/N is missing, you're the one in charge." Looking down, he shook his head with pitiful smile, like back at Draken. "Besides, let's be honest. I haven't "ran" my gang in the last two years. Koko and Sanzu have been in charge of everything. And it can stay that way so that I can raise them."

Draken clenched his jaw, looking at Mikey in disbelief. You had mentioned how you thought Mikey was just acting as a figurehead while his men were the ones controlling everything. Though, before Draken could open his mouth again, a voice interrupted him.

"I don't wanna go with you."

They both looked at seen Karu, tears flooding his eyes. Mikey's eyes widened while Draken sighed. "I wanna stay and wait for mom. What if she comes back and I'm not here? I have to stay!"

Draken looked back at Mikey, brows raised as Mikey slumped. "Well I wanna go with you."

They all looked at the other doorway, seeing Kana shyly standing there. When she looked up, they could see the tear flooding her eyes as well. Both kids were trying to be brave.

Karus eyes widened. "Kana! You have to stay and wait for mom!"

"Moms gone!" Everyone was taken back when Kana screamed. Her tears fell first as she looked at them. "It's already been a week. Mom would've found her way back to us by now and you know it. You all do."

Drakens jaw clenched, thinking about the possibility of you being dead. Mikey sighed, looking at Karu. "Karu, I can't make you come with me, as much as I want you to. But just as I can't make you come with me, you can't make Kana stay here."

Karus tears finally fell as he glared at Kana. "We've never been apart! Why are you trying to split us up?"

Draken looked at Kana as she became quiet. They've been inseparable since birth. They spent everyday with eachother, no matter what.

"My room is across the hall from Kazus." It became deathly quiet as Kana looked up. "I wake up every morning, seeing the remembrance we made for him. I know it's to remember his life, but all I can remember now is that he's gone. And I'll never see him again."

Draken looked at the ground, finally understanding. He still had hope you were alive. He always would because he refused to lose someone else. Mikey stared at Kana with a sad look while Karus face became blank.