11

"So, this is where you found Y/N?"

Takemichi had came back to the present after meeting Mikey. He was trying to figure some things out and he knew he could get some answers through you. Though he was unsure now knowing where you were being kept.

"Yes, and consider us lucky. I had to do a lot to get this visit approved."

Takemichi followed Naoto to a room, no windows and only two doors. There was a glass separating two seats so Takemichi went ahead and sat down.

The other door eventually opened and Takemichis eyes widened. Your hair was cut to your shoulders and you were wearing a grey sweater with grey sweatpants. You had dark bags under yours eyes. And your lips were set into a deep frown. You looked horrible.

What the hell had happened?

You sat down, giving Takemichi a small smile. Grabbing the phone, you spoke first. "Never thought I'd see you again Mitchy."

He gave a nervous laugh, not expecting you to be so friendly. "Me neither, Y/N." He became serious as you stared at him. "What happened to you? How did you end up in an insane asylum of all places?"

Your frown came back as you sighed. "It started with Drakens death. Him dying broke me and Mikey. And then more of my friends either dying or leaving. It did things to me, made me do things that I'm not proud of."

Takemichi teared up at how upset you were. He was used to bright and smiling you. Yet here you were now, locked away. "So Mikey had you locked away?"

Scoffing, you looked at him, shaking your head. "Mikey would've never done this to me. It was that bastard Kisaki." Takemichi gasped when he heard this. This was another life Kisaki had ruined. "He put me in here and then convinced Mikey it was best. If I could turn back time, I would kill that son of a bitch."

The guards decided that it was time, leaving you to set the phone down. Though you paused and looked at Takemichi, smiling. "Do me a favor? Don't get so caught up with trying to save everyone. Worry about yourself too, okay Mitchy?"

Leaving the room, Takemichi bursted into tears. You could hear his cries while you were put back into your room, the door tightly locking behind. Laying on the bed, you stared at the ceiling with a sigh.

"Though I know you won't, so do your best, Mitchy."

Sitting on the other side of the meeting table, you and Mikey stared at eachother. Draken was standing beside you while Kakucho was beside Mikey. The rest of your team had left with Karu while Kokonoi was the only Bonten member allowed in, other than Kakucho.

"I want all the custody."

"Excuse me?"

"God damn it."

"He wants half." Mikey crossed his arms when Kakucho hurried that out. "He wants to share custody with you, not take it."

"Yeah, that. Whatever, same thing."

Raising your brows and laughing, you shook your head. "You're not getting my kids."

"They're our kids-"

"No!" Slamming your hand on the table, you glared at him. "They're my kids. I raised them, along with my friends. And we did a damn good job."

"Those are our friends-"

"You lost the title 'friend' a long time ago Mikey." Everyone shut up while Mikey was looking down. It was true, he couldn't be called a friend anymore. He had abandoned them, just like he with you.

"Look," You and Draken looked at Kakucho as he spoke. "I've never seen Mikey smile so much while getting to know Karu. I think it would good for him to get to know his kids. Doing that, could also our gangs come to an agreement."

"Plus, we could bring legal matters into this."

"Oh please, Koko. You think you're the only one with lawyers?"

"Please." Looking at Mikey, he was staring at you with pleading eyes. It made you soften, seeing how vulnerable he was. It made you think of the past. "Just let me get to know them."

Sighing, you looked up at Draken. His jaw was clenched a he nodded, making you look back at Mikey. "I'm not going to make my kids do something they don't want to. As long as they're okay with it, we can start off with weekends and build our way up."

Mikey smiled and nodded, loving the idea. "I'm sure they would love to, you seen how much fun Karu had."

Chuckling nervously, you nodded. "As true as that may be, Kana is completely different from Karu."

The next morning, you opened the door with Mikey standing there with Kakucho and Sanzu. They walked into your headquarters as Karu came around the corner. "Hey dad!"

He wrapped his arms around Mikey's waist. Mikey hugged Karu back, beaming with joy. "Hey kid, did you miss me that much?"

"Well of course!" Letting go, he turned around to run back to the hall. "I'll grab Kana!"

As he ran back, you sighed and looked at the men. "I told it go well."

Smiling weakly at Mikey, you shook your head. "Like I said, Kana completely different from Karu. I explained things to her this morning. She didn't take it too well."

"What do you mean?"

"Stop it Karu!"

Everyone flinched at the loud scream from your daughter as you turned towards the hallway. Karu was pulling Kana out but her hands as she was trying to resist. "Mom said you have to try!"

"Who cares?!"

You pulled Karu away, crouching in front of her. "Kana, we talked about this. You promised me you would at least try."

Huffing, she looked at the men in front of her. She gave Sanzu a hard glare before turning to stare at Mikey. Sighing, she stuck her hand out while Mikey raised his brows. "My name is Kana, I guess I'm your daughter."

Smiling, Mikey bent down and shook her hand. "Well Kana, I'm Mikey. Or dad. You can call me whatever you want."

"Mikey's fine." His smile vanished slowly as she began speaking. "I don't like you. I probably never will."

"Kana!"

You raised a hand to Karu as she spoke. "You left my mom alone with two kids. And then you have your friends kidnap us and hurt someone I love. I've just met you and I already hate you."

She snatched her hand away from him as they stared at eachother. Both their faces blank as Mikey felt like he was looking at a younger you. Even though Kana looked just like you, she had Mikey's eyes. And he loved that. Smiling at her, he nodded.

"You have every right to be upset with me. I would be upset with my father too if he was standing in front of me. And you are very smart to not trust so easily." Your eyes darted down to Karu as he stared at the ground. "But, give me some time and I'll show you I can be the best dad ever."

They stared at eachother for a minute as you held your breath, unsure of what your daughter would say. "You have two months."

They once again shook hands as Mikey smirked at her. "I'll do it in one."