29

Kana stared out of the window as kids piled into the classroom. Karu walked in, eyes immediately finding Kana. His friends looked at him when he began walking her way. "What are you doing?"

"Let him be man, he's got the hots for the new girl!" Karu turned and gave his friend, Kenji, a hard glare, causing him to flinch. "Or not."

Kana felt someone sit beside her, rolling her eyes when she seen it was her brother. It quiet amongst the two, Karu not knowing what to say and Kana not wanting to talk.

The teacher walked in, smiling at her class. "Class, we do have a new student. Kana, could you introduce yourself?"

Everyone looked at Kana as she stood with a sigh. "My name is Kana Sano, I hope you all will take care of me."

Kana sat back down, feeling Karus eyes on her. He couldn't believe that she had their dads last name now. In his mind, it was like she was trying to push herself further from their mother.

The day went on and Karu spent it spying on Kana as much as possible. They had a good amount of classes together, even lunch. But not once did they speak to eachother.

Karus friends were confused on how he would know this girl in the first place. "You think they were friends as kids or something?"

"No idea man, we'll have to ask."

Even as you waited outside of the school for your ride, Karu was right there. He usually took a bus home but he couldn't force himself to leave you. Even when the black suv pulled up, he stopped Kana from leaving. "You could just come back home with me? And we could talk about things?"

Kana stared at Karus hand on her wrist, gently pulling it from his grasp. Giving him her full attention, she definitely hurt him. "I don't ever want to talk to you. So leave me alone."

Getting in the car, Sanzu drove off. Giving Kana a smirk as she raised a brow at him. "First day back and already got boys wanting to take you home?"

Getting a disgusted look in return, Kana shook her head. "Sanzu, that was Karu."

The car jerked forward as he slammed on the break, gawking at Kana with wide eyes. "No fucking way! Five years really changed him."

Kana seen how large his pupils were, chuckling and looking out of the window. "The pills are gonna catch up with you one day."

"What do you mean? I'm invincible."

Karu slammed opened the door to his home, causing everyone to jump. Karu developed serious anger issues over the years. His mother gone and realizing it's his fault his best friend was no longer with him, hit him hard. His ADHD had also calmed down over the years, no longer needing medicine for it. Though his emotions showed that it was still there.

Draken sighed as he heard it. Leaving his office, he walked downstairs to watch Karu throw his book bag. "I take it school wasn't good?"

"You knew didn't you?!"

Draken raised a brow. Of course he knew that Kana and Karu were going to the same school. It was something him and Mikey personally sat down to talk about. He had a feeling Kana was going to have a similar reaction when she finds out Mikey knows. "I did."

"You couldn't of give me a heads up?! Not a, 'Hey Karu, have a good day at school. Oh, by the way, your sister is going there now!' Is that so hard?!"

Karu was fuming. Not only did Kana upset him with her words but he feels like Draken has turned on him. "We're hoping this can bring you two closer. At least to a point where you two can sit down and speak with eachother."