38

"I don't think this is a good idea."

Mikey looked back at Kana, taking noticed of her worried gaze. Drawing a sigh, he pulled her into a hug.

Tonight was the night of the meeting with Inagawa, a night he was hoping to get to see you again. Kana had expressed her worries to him for days now, while Karu has done nothing but stay quiet about it. That worried him.

"It's gonna be okay, we're gonna get her back. No one is gonna get hurt tonight."

Draken walked in, messing with his tie as Mitsuya trailed behind him, amused. "I haven't done a business meeting in years. I've left them all to Chifuyu and Mitsuya."

Mikey laughed as Kana fixed Drakens tie. "Koko and Kakucho have been doing mine. It feels weird."

They all agreed while Kana just rolled her eyes. One thing that Mikey, or anyone, is that Kana has been dealing with a lot of the gang stuff behind their backs. Reviewing paperwork that was filled out wrong, making alliances through online meeting, claiming to be a negotiation executive. Hacking into the system was easy, since she's the one that upgraded it.

Karu came downstairs, taking notice of everyone here. "So, when we starting the meeting?"

"You won't be there." Draken said.

"Neither will you." Mikey followed.

The twins eyes widened. "What do you mean? Of course we're gonna be there."

Mitsuya gave you a soft smile. "We decided it's for better if we keep you two away. It's safer that way, we don't want their leader to take you again."

"She wouldn't get the chance." They all looked at Karu, who looked more angry than anything. "Kana and I are older now, we can fight. Besides, you'll have be here, she wouldn't stand a chance."

"We have no idea how this whole thing is going to turn out. She could show up by herself, she could bring her entire gang. We're not chancing you two being here if she does." Mikey knew they wanted to see you again, but their safety was his priority right now.

He wouldn't let them get hurt.

"Y/N, we're doing this tonight, weather you want to or not."

You walked behind Mai, trying to convince her to let this whole thing go. Knowing that she was planning on hurting people tonight was something you couldn't just let her do. You had more than enough memories back to know these were your friends, and people you cared about. People who cared about you.

Your kids.

Grabbing her arm and turning her around, you glared straight into her eyes. "No killing, Mai. Promise me."

Narrowing her eyes, Mai slightly smiled, crossing her fingers behind her back. "If it makes you feel better, sure Y/N."

She went to walk away, only to be stopped, your grip tightening. She gulped her fears down, letting out a shaky breath at your dark expression. Taking your hand off, she stumbled slightly before continuing her walk, shutting her office door behind her.

Trembling, she made sure to lock it before Mai sat at her desk, slowing her breaths. "She's just going through something. Everything will be alright. We'll get rid of these people for good and she'll go back to her normal self."

You pushed yourself off Mais office door, scoffing at the night of how you acted when you were brainwashed. "Try something Mai, and you might be the one to die tonight."

Hours later, you were sat in a black SUV, wearing a mask as you waited for Mai. You don't know if you could keep up your act if you seen them. Especially if your kids were in there. Though you quite frankly don't know what they look like now.