41

"So I'm confused, they never actually hurt you?"

"And Mai had a brother?"

"Has, I'm pretty sure he's still alive. And no, other than that one time Akio tried to have me killed."

It was two in the morning, and you had spent the last hour explaining your last 5 years to Draken, Mikey and Mitsuya. It was a long process, but you eventually got through it all.

"I told him if I ever seen his face again, I'd kill him without another thought. Haven't seen him since." They all nodded as you got ready to ask a question of your own. "Where are the kids?"

The kids.

They knew you would ask about them. They're your kids. They just didn't know what to say. "They're at Bonten headquarters."

You smiled with a nod. "I can't wait to see them." A grin took over your face as you looked at them all. "Tell me about them! I know they've changed, I seen them the other night. They've gotten so big, I can only imagine how their personalities have changed."

Draken and Mikey stumbled over their words before Mitsuya spoke up for them. "How about we get some sleep, and we can go see them tomorrow. You have no idea how they've missed you, y/n."

You nodded, agreeing to the idea. Bidding goodnight, you went upstairs, closing your door. The three looked at eachother, Mikey voicing their thoughts.

"How do we tell her what happened with them?"

Mikey yawned, walking down the hall to knock on his kids doors. "Kana, wake up. You too Karu."

He had stayed a little longer at Brahman, thinking about how today would go down with you and the kids. They decided to sit down with the kids first and explain what needs to be told and what needs to be forgotten.

Right before walking down the stairs, he turned back towards their doors, brows furrowed. Walking back to them, he knocked on Kanas door again. "Kana?"

Opening the door, he peaked his head in, seeing an empty and neat bedroom. Pushing the door all the way open, his eyes widened once he realized she was gone.

Immediately going and opening Karus door, it was the same way. Looking at the bed, he noticed a folded piece of paper. Opening it up and reading it, he scoffed, crumbling the paper and throwing it down. "Those fucking brats."

Looking up, he noticed Sanzu walking down the hall, whistling. Sanzu looked over and smiled. "Hey boss! Whatcha up too?"

Mikey's jaw was clenched as he stepped out of Karus room, slamming the door as Sanzu jumped. "Call a meeting, Haru. Immediately."

'Going to save mom since the 'men' around us are too bitch to do it.

Kana and Karu'

Kana stared out the window of Kenjis old car, watching the scenery go by. Karu was passed out in the backseat and Kenji was driving, some music playing from the radio.

"You know, I'm still not used to this. Even after all these months." Kana turned and smiled at him, nodding along.

"Who would be? It's not something you wanna get used to."

It became silent again, Kenji having a million thoughts running through his head. "So, you guys are just cool with your entire family being apart of gangs?"

Kana never really liked that question, as it wasn't the first time one like it was asked. Hina had asked her before how she felt about it. When Kana was growing up, she never knew what her mom did. All she knew is that they had a lot of money, and her mom and uncles loved and cared about her. Even with all that money, Kana was taught to appreciate the things she got. She was never just given anything, she always earned it. Weather it was with a good grade or doing a chore around the house.

Her and Karu were very humbled children, because of you.

A notorious gang leader, who was running that gang with the same people that raised them.

"I don't think I'll ever be okay with what they've done." Kenji nodded, listening as she went on. "I didn't even know my mom was a gang leader until I was nine years old. And we only found out because we were going through her stuff in her office. We ended putting two and two together. We confronted her and she explained everything to us. But we never saw any of it."

"Yeah well, Brahman wasn't ever known for being notorious killers. So what about your dads side?"

Kana huffed out a laugh, slightly shrugging. "Kenji, did you know we didn't even know our dad until we were ten years old?" Kenjis eyes slightly widened as he shook his head. "We officially met our dad when he had three of his executives kidnap us during one of my moms parties. So, obviously it wasn't a very good start. I hated him at first. He left my mom and wasn't there for us."

"But you chose to live with him after your mom disappeared?"

You slightly smiled. "My dad out in so much work to get me to like him. I had him and all of Bonten wrapped around my finger, still do." You and Kenji laughed. "I remember hacking into Bontens files one time, just out of pure boredom. He got rid of a lot of things that Bonten was known for. Killing innocent people, trafficking women and children, cutting deals with people from the black market. Bontens mainly known for their casinos now, as well as a few brothels and clubs. They only kill bad people now. And he got rid of all of that within a week of meeting us. And it's stayed like that for the past five years." Kenji nodded. "I chose to love with him because I got so close to him. And when my mom disappeared, it felt like I couldn't leave him. We had formed such an emotional bond that I needed him."

Kenji heard you sniffle, quickly opening the dash and passing you some wipes. "I get it, your parents really do love you guys. And even with how much of a jerk Karu was, you still forgave him. Can I ask why?"

You gulped down anymore tears. "My mom would of never forgiven me if I didn't forgive Karu. I was taught that people mess up, especially when their young. I was also taught to not die with things left broken. I didn't want my bond with Karu to be left broken, so I mended it. I'm still not completely over it, but I'll eventually get there."

Kenji stopped the car, turning it off and turning to Kana. She gave him a closed eye smile. "You're a really good listener, Kenji. I appreciate it."

His cheeks flared up as he awkwardly laughed. "Ah well, ya know, no problem!"

You giggled as you woke Karu up, hearing him groan. You all exited the car, looking up at the house in front of you. "So, this is where mom was kept all these years."

Kana grabbed her gun as Karu grabbed some extra knives. "Let's get our mom back."