She seemed to have seen Wen Yuanxin's appearance every time he came back from the army. He was tall and straight, so handsome that all the scenery around him lost its luster.

Back then, she also liked Wen Yuanxin at first, but the two of them were separated more often than they were together. She didn't want to follow him to the army and suffer hardships. At that time, Shi Xiuneng happened to appear in her life.

When they were in college, she and Shi Xiuneng secretly dated. The reason why it was called "secretly" was because Shi Xiuneng was engaged early, so the two of them were secretly together at that time.

Shi Xiuneng was also very handsome when he was young. The key was that he was very considerate to women. His mouth was as if smeared with honey, and every time he made her feel happy, unlike Wen Yuanxin, who was as dull as a block of wood.

Gradually, she couldn't control her heart, especially after sleeping with Shi Xiuneng. She completely fell in love with him, and for him, she didn't hesitate to torture her own child.

Just as Cheng Xiuyun was in a daze, Wen Rugui walked in front of her and sized her up.

His eyes were cold, without a trace of emotion. If there was any emotion, it would be a little surprise.

Before today, Wen Rugui couldn't remember what Cheng Xiuyun looked like at all. Now that he saw her face, one or two fragments of memory suddenly flashed through his mind.

In that flash of memory, she looked young and beautiful, and was completely different from the haggard and old woman in front of him.

Cheng Xiuyun came back to her senses and squeezed out a gentle expression on her face. "Ru Gui, do you still remember Mom?"

Cheng Xiuyun's facial features were beautiful. Otherwise, Shi Xiuneng wouldn't have had an affair with her after they got married. But now, her cheeks were sunken and her face was sallow. When she made such an expression, it looked very deliberate.

Wen Rugui said, "I don't remember. May I ask why you're looking for me?"

His voice was cold, and there was no joy in meeting after a long separation.

Cheng Xiuyun's heart burned with anger, but she quickly suppressed her anger. "This is not the place to talk. Why don't we go to your office or dorm?"

As long as they entered the base, if he didn't agree to her request, she would make a scene in the base.

Wen Rugui refused immediately. "No, not everyone can enter the base."

Cheng Xiuyun's fingernails dug into her palms. She was his mother. Besides, if Tong Xuelu could enter, why couldn't she?

But when she remembered that she had something to ask of him, Cheng Xiuyun nodded understandingly. "Then let's go to the state-run restaurant nearby. Mom hasn't eaten with you for many years."

Wen Rugui didn't comment, but turned around and strode toward the state-run restaurant.

Cheng Xiuyun was delighted and hurriedly chased after him.

When the two of them were far away, the guard touched his chin with a look of disbelief.

**

They arrived at the state-run restaurant.

Because it wasn't dinner time yet, there weren't many customers in the restaurant.

Wen Rugui sat in his seat like a statue. He didn't make a sound and didn't order anything.

Cheng Xiuyun had no choice but to order two bowls of mung bean soup, two portions of red date steamed cakes, and a portion of steamed dumplings.

The waiter quickly brought the food over.