Chapter 135

During the wedding holidays, Tong Xuelu and Wen Rugui traveled around the city instead of working.

They went to the Great Wall the day before yesterday and visited the Forbidden City and the museum yesterday. They spent most of their time in Beijing.

Tong Xuelu also thought about going on a short trip around the country. However, they were in a rush and it was better not to have fun.

As long as they were together, it didn't matter where they went.

Today, they didn't go out. Instead, they tended to the plants at home and cooked a table full of delicious dishes.

The pig intestines were washed with coarse salt and starch until they were clean and tasteless. Then, they were stir-fried with red chili, ginger, garlic and scallions.

The pig intestines were spicy and tasted fresh. The more one chewed, the more delicious it became.

Commander Xiao had a special liking for this dish. He took a sip of wine and a mouthful of pig intestines and enjoyed it very much.

In addition to the pig intestines, Tong Xuelu also made steamed pork with rice flour.

She cut the pork into long strips and marinated them with sauce. Then, she stir-fried the rice until it was yellow. She added cloves, star anise and cinnamon and continued to stir-fry. After stir-frying, she ground the rice into powder and made five-spice rice noodles.

Then, she wrapped the marinated pork in five-spice rice noodles and placed the sliced pumpkin on a plate. Then, she placed the pork on top of the pumpkin and steamed it in the steamer.

Within a few minutes, the water boiled and a whiff of fragrance came out of the steamer. The alluring aroma filled the entire kitchen.

The steamed pork with rice flour was soft and fragrant. It was tender and refreshing. It was fatty but not greasy. The rice flour on the outside made the texture more layered. The rich aroma danced in the mouth and made people want to eat more.

Old Mr. Wen and Uncle Zong preferred steamed pork with rice flour and Commander Xiao mocked them for having bad teeth.

Old Mr. Wen wouldn't let him "slander" him so easily. Thus, they quarreled while eating. It was very lively.

Wen Rugui loved to eat fish, so this dish must be on the table.

Tong Xuelu fried the fish until both sides were golden brown. Then, she poured a small glass of wine to remove the fishy smell and enhance the taste. The fragrance of the wine blended into the fish and rose with the smoke.

Then, she poured the spring water she brought back from the mountain into the pot. When the water boiled, a pot of delicious fish soup was ready. The milky white fish soup was fragrant. She sprinkled some chopped green onions, and it looked delicious.

The holidays had passed too quickly, and the thought of being separated from her made him lose interest.

But now that he smelled the rich aroma, his appetite was immediately aroused. He scooped a bowl for her and then scooped a bowl for himself.

The spring water was sweet, and the fish soup made from it was even more delicious than the fish soup made from ordinary tap water. It was irresistible.