Chapter 93

After what had happened, no one could stay in the production team any longer.

On the way back, the atmosphere was very awkward.

Especially Jason, whose face changed between red and white. He was usually very talkative, but on the way back, he kept his head down and did not speak.

He looked very pitiful.

When they returned to the hotel, the Deputy Minister of the Commerce Department said, "Comrade Tong, although the two Xie's did not blame us for what happened today, it is undeniable that we did not take good care of Comrade Xie."

"So make more delicious food and send it to Comrade Xie today. I asked around and found out that he likes to eat desserts. Make more today. Thank you for your hard work!"

Tong Xuelu did not hate Jason, and cooking was her responsibility. "I understand. I will make it later."

Wen Rugui stood at the side and pursed his lips tightly.

After the Deputy Minister left, Tong Xuelu brought Wen Rugui to the kitchen. "Oh yes, how did you run so fast when you were carrying me in the production team?"

When Wen Rugui heard her voice, the lines on his face softened. "I was born with strong arms."

It was not a problem for him to carry two of her, let alone one.

Tong Xuelu saw that there was no one in the kitchen. She reached out and pinched his arm. She lowered her voice and said, "It seems to be very strong."

Wen Rugui's face turned red.

However, he did not retract his hand. He hoped that she would pinch him few more times.

He felt as if he had a very strange disease. He wanted her to touch him. At the same time, he also wanted to touch her, but he did not dare to do so.

Because there were people coming to the kitchen at any time, Tong Xuelu did not dare to be too presumptous.

She soaked the red beans in water and began to make the shredded taro.

Shredded taro was a famous snack in Chaoshan.
[ I googled the image for this though I am not sure about it ]

Although they both used white sugar, the cooking method and the texture were completely different from shredded taro

Wen Rugui helped to peel and clean the taro. Then, Tong Xuelu cut the taro into long strips and sprinkled salt to marinate it for 15 minutes.