Cheng Xiuyun probably used a lot of white lotus tricks to confuse people around her in her daily life. She also gained a lot of benefits because of this. That's why her self-confidence was inflated. She thought that she could convince everyone in the world just by crying.

According to Uncle Zong, Cheng Xiuyun used this trick many times to deceive the neighbors.

At that time, the neighbors found that Wen Rugui was often injured, but Cheng Xiuyun covered it up with her acting skills. That's why Wen Rugui was abused for a whole year.

When she thought about how Wen Rugui was abused by his own mother when he was only four or five years old, she felt that she didn't hit him enough.

But there were people coming over at any time, so she didn't dare to hit him again.

Cheng Xiuyun tucked her hair behind her ears and straightened her back to look at Tong Xuelu. "It seems that you're very loyal to the Wen family and Ru Gui. Since that's the case, you shouldn't treat me like this. If my infidelity is exposed, do you think Ru Gui won't be hurt?"

She had seen shameless people before, but she had never seen such a shameless person.

Tong Xuelu was so angry that he almost laughed at Cheng Xiuyun's shamelessness. "Then you can expose it. Back then, the Wen family let you go because they were worried that Ru Gui would be hurt. But now that Ru Gui is an adult, do you think he will be sad because of a mother like you?"

Back then, the Wen family let the Shi and Cheng families go not because they were merciful, but because they had made a decision for the long-term impact.

Of course, they could expose Cheng Xiuyun's affair with the adulterer and let them be criticized and sent to reform through labor. But this couldn't change the fact that Cheng Xiuyun was Wen Rugui's biological mother.

Having a mother who cheated on him was too harmful to Wen Rugui. Once this matter was exposed, it meant that Wen Rugui would have to live in gossip for the rest of his life.

Those gossips, whether they were malicious mockery or kind sympathy, would turn into sharp knives that would carve on the young Wen Rugui.

Moreover, the Wen family was also concerned about their reputation. Wen Rugui's father had been cuckolded. For a Lieutenant Colonel, it was a shameful thing.

The afternoon sun shone through the leaves. Cheng Xiuyun stood under the mottled shadow of the trees. She was in a mess, but at this time, she had already regained her previous calmness.

She tugged at her wrinkled clothes. "You are indeed very smart, but don't be too proud. We will meet again."

After saying that, she turned and left.

Cheng Xiuyun couldn't help but shiver when the sun shone on her body. She frowned slightly.

She had lost her mind for a moment just now. That was why she had run to Tong Xuelu in a panic, thinking that she could persuade her with a few words.

She had indeed underestimated the enemy.

This lesson also reminded her that the Shi and Cheng families were still no match for the Wen family. If they didn't want to be suppressed for the rest of their lives, they had to find other ways to fight back.

Looking at Cheng Xiuyun's graceful back, Tong Xuelu also became vigilant.

Cheng Xiuyun was indeed a character to be able to calm down so quickly after being humiliated by her.

However, no matter what kind of monster she was, she would definitely not let her hurt Wen Rugui and the Wen family.

**