Tong Xuelu couldn't figure out why Minister Lin asked her to stay. The plan to open a factory last time had been shelved.

There was still half a year left before the college entrance examination. Opening a factory at this time would be too busy, and she might not have time to manage it. Therefore, she might give up on this plan.

When she came to the office, Director Lin said before she could speak, "Manager Tong, have you considered going to the Workers, Peasants, and Soldiers University? We have a place in the Department of Commerce, and Manager Tong is a rare talent. I would like to recommend you. "

He asked her to come over just for this?

Tong Xuelu made an X in her heart, but on the surface, she sighed and said, "Thank you, Director Lin, for your affirmation of my ability. However, Director Lin should know that my parents are no longer around, and my younger siblings are still young. They can't leave my care, so I can only reluctantly give up this opportunity."

Director Lin was startled. "I didn't think about this situation. However, what you said makes sense. After you go to the university, you will have to live in the dormitory, go to the factory, and study in the countryside. In this way, you won't be able to take care of your family. What a pity."

Tong Xuelu: "..."

Director Lin, if you didn't smile, I would have believed that you really felt sorry for me.

Director Lin was indeed very surprised.

He gave this opportunity to Tong Xuelu because of her excellent grades. Secondly, she was the granddaughter of the commander. He wanted to use this opportunity to curry favor with Commander Xiao.

However, he didn't expect that Tong Xuelu would refuse such a good opportunity. In this way, he could give the opportunity to his nephew.

Director Lin controlled his joy and coughed. "In this case, I'll let it go this time. With Manager Tong's age, it won't be too late for you to go to the Workers, Peasants, and Soldiers University in a few years."

Tong Xuelu showed a grateful look. "Although I can't go, I still want to thank Director Lin for giving me priority. I'm really touched!"

Director Lin felt that he had killed two birds with one stone when he saw that Tong Xuelu was so grateful to him. He smiled so widely that the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes appeared.

Coming out of the office, Secretary Zhuo asked her in a low voice, "Manager Tong, did Director Lin tell you about the Workers, Peasants, and Soldiers University?"

Tong Xuelu nodded. "Yes, but I refused."

Secretary Zhuo was shocked. "Why did you refuse? Are you stupid? It's such a good opportunity. Many people want to go but can't! "

Tong Xue Lu sighed and repeated the reason she had given earlier.

Secretary Zhuo looked at her with the same look of pity. "That's a pity. But if you don't go, everyone will fight for it."

Tong Xuelu smiled but didn't say anything.

She knew that the college entrance examination would be reinstated in half a year, but she couldn't tell anyone.

Coming out of the Department of Commerce, she had just returned to the restaurant when Pu Jianyi came over.

Piao Jianyi frowned. "Comrade Tong, there's something I have to tell you."

Tong Xuelu looked at his serious face and her heart skipped a beat. "Did something happen to Ru Gui?"

Pu Jianyi quickly shook his head. "No, it has something to do with Tong Zhenzhen."