Practice

(Turns out google was WAY off. It's $150 per game for cheerleaders, not $150,000. However since I wrote it last chapter it's now $150,000. You're welcome for the raise fictional cheerleaders)

Kara Kent was silent as she did her best to focus. She was standing in the barn of the Kent farm, practicing her cheerleading moves in her old revealing supergirl uniform, except for the cape. She figured she may as well dress for the part as she practiced but she had accidentally ripped her actual cheerleading outfit so this would have to do.

(Y/n) sat on a hay bale as he watched the girl do flips and all sorts of acrobatic moves. It of course came naturally to her because of her powers but she seemed to enjoy the practice so (y/n) didn't question it. He had to admit even though he preferred her new hero outfit he at times missed the old one.

Kara did a quick cartwheel in the sky and ended it by landing on her boyfriends lap. "Enjoying the show?" She asked as she planted a kiss on his lips.

"How could I not?" (Y/n) asked as he wrapped his arms around Kara's waist. "You do realize though that you can't go flying through the air while cheerleading?"

"Yeah..." Kara let out a nervous laugh. "I may have gotten a bit carried away at some point. I wasn't thinking"

"That's fine" (y/n) kissed her nose before smiling at her. "You were having fun. And I suppose this is what practice is for, to make sure you don't mess up when you actually become a cheerleader"

"Right" Kara nodded with a smile of her own. "Speaking of when I do become a cheerleader... I talked to Kal-El"

"What did he say?" (Y/n) asked with a curious look.

Kara's smile quickly widened before she answered. "Bruce has been thinking of buying the Gotham Knights! If he does he said he'd be happy to hire me!" She hugged the boy so tightly he was shocked she didn't crush him.

"That's great" (y/n) spoke as he tried to pry Kara's arms off of him. "Can't breath!" They growled as his eyes shifted colors.

"Oh! Sorry" Kara let out a nervous laugh as she pulled her arms back from the boys.

Frost snarled but shifted back to (y/n) a moment later. "That's great" the boy repeated his words as he let out a small cough.

"Sorry" Kara repeated so this personality of the boy could hear it. He nodded as he took a moment to catch his breath. "You okay?"

"Fine" he replied with a nod as he finally caught his breath. "But yeah that's great about Bruce"

"It is" Kara nodded excitedly as she floated off of the boys lap and into the air. "I'm going to be the greatest cheerleader that Gotham has ever seen!"

"You're going to be the greatest cheerleader the world has ever seen" (y/n) retorted as he watched the girl happily fly around and clean up the barn, which was the reason she was out in the barn in the first place when (y/n) had gotten there.

"I love when you have confidence in me" Kara smiled as she finished cleaning and glanced at the boy. "Such a turn on"

"Everything is a turn on for you" (y/n) spoke with a quiet laugh.

"Only when you do it though" Kara offered the boy a wink as she floated back down to the ground.

"Well that's good at least" (y/n) replied as he got off the hay bale and walked over to Kara. "So you'll have to fly to Gotham every morning hm?"

"Yeah. One hell of a commute to make daily" Kara sighed as she shook her head. "Unless..."

"Unless?" (Y/n) asked with a confused look. "Unless what?"

"Unless maybe we get a place closer to Gotham?" Kara suggested with a nervous smile. Before the boy could even respond Kara spoke again. "I'm not saying in Gotham! That would be a bad idea, even I know that. I'm just saying maybe somewhere else in New Jersey or even one of the surrounding states. And if you ever want to come back here I can fly you at any point"

(Y/n) was silent for another moment. "I suppose that's an idea we could consider" he said quietly. "Got anywhere in mind?"

"Well Metropolis is always a good option. Maybe New York City?" Kara suggested as she took a moment to think. "Happy Harbor if you want something smaller? Or we could just do some random town I don't even know the name of"

(Y/n) frowned but nodded. Kara could tell he wasn't particularly happy with any of these ideas. "Do you really care about being closer to Gotham or do you just want us to have our own place?"

Kara was silent for a moment. "It may just be about us getting our own place... I've been told I'm very loud when we have sex"

(Y/n) took a moment to process that and another to thank God that he hadn't been part of that conversation. "How about we just get a place near here then? Just you and me, we can even get a farm so it's farther from other people if you'd like"

Kara was silent for a moment before nodding. "That does sound nice" she whispered as she smiled.

"Good" (y/n) kissed her forehead. "But before we can do that we need money so this won't be for a while" Kara nodded to confirm she understood.

Word count: 943