496: The One With The Family Drama

CHERYL POV:

I gently close the door to Toni's bedroom, not to wake her or anyone else in the apartment. I start to walk to the front door when I hear a voice. "You don't live here!" I look up at Fangs. "Yeah! I have to go home and shower before work, so I'm heading out." I tell him. "Does Toni know you're leaving?" He asks quietly. I nod. "I said goodbye before I walked out, she just kinda groaned and went back to sleep." I tell him. "She does that." He tells me. "I know, I've been doing this for 3 months now! I don't know how this is the first time you're realizing that I do this." I tell him. "Well, I also have to get up and shower before work! Usually you don't stay over on Sunday nights so you don't see me!" He explains. I nod. "Yeah! Speaking of, I actually have to go! Congrats on the baby!" I say before leaving.

I look at Toni as she walks into Pops. She sighs in relief when she sees me. She walks over to the booth and sits down. "How was the thing with your family?" I ask her. "Good! Until Fangs told our parents Midge is pregnant." She tells me. "Oh! That was tonight, I thought that was next weeks dinner with your family because even though you and Fangs have moved out you still spend quality time with your family." She looks at me annoyed. "Sorry, I'm not jealous at all!" She looks at me. "Sorry." I whisper. "I had to go because it was getting too crazy." She tells me. "I don't know why my parents care so much! That's the thing! It's not that serious! They've been together for 8 years! They're engaged! The baby part is coming sooner than they thought." She explains. "And Fangs still lives with you... why?" I ask her. "Because like you being there, he comes back home for a change of clothes. Also he's moving out in the next couple weeks because him and Midge are looking for a place for the 3 of them." She explains to me. "He basically lives at Midge's." She tells me. "They are pushing the wedding up to September 8th because Midge doesn't want to be showing since no one knows and also since they want to push the honeymoon up so Midge can still fly!" She explains. "8th? That's a month away!" She nods.

I wake up to Toni shaking me gently. "What?" I ask confused. "Don't freak out, but I need you to drive me to the hospital." She tells me calmer than she probably should be. "What?" I ask sitting up. "I slipped in the bathroom and I think I broke my wrist." She explains. "Ok! So no one we care about is dead or dying?" I ask her. "No!" She tells me. "It just hurts and the adrenaline is wearing off!" She whispers. I nod. "Ok!" I say getting out of bed. I grab my shoes and put them on. "Come on." I say as we walk out of her room and into the living room. "Put some shoes on." I tell her as I grab a pair and give them to her. "Those aren't mine." She tells me. "Oh! It's dark and you have similar shoes to Fangs." I tell her grabbing a different pair. "His feet are wider." She whispers. "You have the same shoe size!" I tell her. "Also that's more of an insult to Fangs than you! And we have bigger problems right now." I explain. I help her put her shoes on and when I'm done I grab my keys and we walk out of the apartment.

Toni hands me the clipboard. "I can't write." She tells me. I take it as she sits down. "You seem mad." She whispers. "You woke me up at 3 am and told me we had to go to the hospital! I'm sorry if I seem a little bit mad! I am just really tired and you know I tend to be grouchy when I'm tired." I explain to her. "Also I have to be at work at 9!" I add. "If I slept at my place would have called me or gotten Fangs?" I ask her. "I tried Fangs he wasn't there! I honestly think he's still fighting with our parents." She tells me as I fill out her information. "2001 right?" I ask her. "Yeah!" She whispers. "Allergies?" I ask her. "So they know not to give a certain medication." I add. "Um... none that I know of!" She tells me. I nod writing that down. She looks over. "You have my social security number memorized?" She asks quietly. "Yeah when I was helping you fill out the forms for college, I accidentally memorized it!" I tell her. "Don't worry, if I want to scam someone out of money or something, I also have my mother's memorized!" I add. She laughs a little bit. "Reason for visit?" I ask to myself. "Girlfriend is stupid and doesn't know how to balance properly." She nudges me a little. "Sorry." I say and fill out the actual reason. "Biological sex?" I ask her. She looks at me. "Seriously?" She asks quietly. I nod. "Female!" She says quietly. "Ok just double checking!" I say checking off the box. "Do I put the actual street address of the apartment building or your apartment number?" I ask her. "Genuine question." I add. "Apartment building address then the number of my apartment!" She tells me. "Oh! Duh!" I whisper. "Not awake! Surprised we got here alive." I tell her. "Emergency contact?" I ask her. "Either you or Fangs. You're here so just put you then." She tells me. I nod writing my number down. "Last Primary Care appointment?" I ask her. "March 3rd for that cold I had." She tells me. "Main Pharmacy?" I ask her. "Cvs on Main ave." She says quietly. "What medications are you on?" I ask her. "I'm on Adderall!" She says smiling. "You're so annoying." I whisper. "Yeah! Because it's wearing off!" She tells me. "Usually I'm asleep when that happens." She adds. "Anything else?" I ask her. "Clonidine for sleep." She tells me. "That's it right?" She nods.

I look at Toni as she looks at the hot pink cast. "Why is it pink?" She asks quietly. "Your hair was pink for 8 years why it is now a problem?" I ask her. "Because this is hot pink! I like a softer pink!" She tells me. "True. How are the meds?" I ask her. "Oh! The stuff they gave me is working amazing and luckily it's not making me loopy." She tells me. "Holy shit!" She whispers. "You have to go to work." She tells me. "I already called out and I called FP telling him you won't be in for a day or two because you broke your wrist and he said to take as much time as needed just keep him updated so he can plan accordingly." I explain to her. She nods. "Thank you." She smiles. "Of course Toni." I whisper. "Oh my god! I'm in the wedding!" She says quietly. "Ok maybe I am a little loopy but I think it's lack of sleep because what they gave me doesn't make me loopy." She tells me. "You'll be fine, just at your next appointment to see how your wrist is doing ask for a more subtle color or less bright color." I tell her. She nods.