479: The One With The Award

CHERYL POV:

"I really don't want to go to an award show that rubs it in my face that i'm not an honors student or Athlete." Toni tells me. "Come on! Let's go!" I say quietly. "I'm tired." She whispers. I sigh. "Babe we have to go!" I tell her. "Why?" She asks confused. I look at her. "Because I have to accept something on Jason's behalf and I don't want to be there without you T." I explain. She nods. "Well, you could have just said that originally!" She tells me. "Oh!" She nods. "Can we stop at my place to change first? If you told me originally that we had to go I would have dressed better." She explains.

I walk into the auditorium with Toni. She looks around. "There's a lot of people." She whispers. I nod. "I know! Come on though!" I say taking her hand. We both sit down and wait for the ceremony to start. Weatherbee walks out onto stage and everyone quiets down. Weatherbee talks about a lot of boring stuff for a boring amount of time. "Now this award is special. This award is to honor someone important to a lot of people. This is actually a first time award. Tonight it's for Jason Blossom, but this time next year it will be going to a Freshman who's outstanding in Football and Academics. Now if Jason's sister Cheryl Blossom would come up and accept this award on the behalf of him."

TONI POV:

I look at Cheryl as she stands in front of the audience at the podium. She looks at me and I nod. She takes a deep breath. "Um... I don't really know what to say. Jason was my brother! He was the only person at one point who saw me as I was! My family wasn't great at being supportive in things I wanted to do if it didn't fit their vision of how they wanted me to be." She explains. "He wasn't always the best person! He had his flaws we all do! But he definitely cared about this school and football and I think if it wasn't for Betty he would be at the top of the class!" She jokes. I look at her. "I don't really know why he cared as much as he did but he did and I know he would be honored to have this award and I think he'd thank our parents and coach Clayton for giving him the opportunity to play on the team and I know even though she's not here, he'd definitely thank Polly for loving him through all of the craziness that he's had gone through!" I watch her wipe her tears. "That's... that's all." She says her voice breaking a little bit. The crowd claps as Cheryl takes the plaque and shakes Weatherbee's hand. She walks off the stage, makes a be-line for her seat, comes back over and sits down. I wrap my arm around her and pulls her closer to me. I rub her arm gently.

I pull Cheryl into a kiss as we walk into her bedroom with our lips still together. We both kick off our shoes. We both slip off our jackets and toss them across the room along with my bag. She pulls away. "You ok?" I ask her. "Get comfortable, I need need to freshen up." She tells me. I nod as she goes into the bathroom in her room. I quickly go over to my bag and put more perfume on and spray my mouth with a Breath Freshener.

CHERYL POV:

I walk out of the bathroom. Honestly I just had to pee and change into my sexy underwear. I look at Toni as she sits up. She smiles as I walk over to her. She looks at what I'm wearing. "You're the sexiest woman alive!" She tells me. "Tell me something I don't know." I whisper as I wrap my arms around her and kneel onto the bed. She immediately pulls me into a kiss and pulls me down onto the bed with her.

I look at Toni and she holds me in her arms. I reach back and gently play with her hair. She smiles a little bit. "Thanks for being there with me tonight." I whisper. "Always." She smiles. "This is why I love you." I tell her not realizing what I just said. We both freeze. "Ah! Ok." She says quietly. We both sit up and look at each other. "I'm sorry." I whisper putting my face in my hands. "Don't be! I love you too Cher! You just threw me off for a second!" She tells me reaching over to comfort me. "Really?" I ask looking up. She nods. "Cher, I'm crazy about you! I love you so much! I've been waiting so long to say that but I didn't think you were ready!" She explains. I look at her and she nods.