487: The One Where Cheryl Tries To Get Help

TONI POV:

I open the front door to Cheryl. "What's wrong?" I ask concerned. She never shows up unannounced unless something is wrong. "I um... I need you to drive me to the hospital." She says quietly. I nod. I quickly grab my keys, jacket and shoes. I throw my shoes and jacket on and we go to my truck. I quickly drive off as we head to the hospital. "Why didn't you just go yourself Cher?" I ask her. "Because I couldn't make myself go, but I knew coming to you was an easy thing for me to do." I nod. "That makes sense." I whisper. "Can I ask what triggered this?" I ask her. "My Father killed himself 2 years ago this week." She tells me. I nod. "Ok. You hate him though." I whisper. "I know but he was the reason Jason died and that's already a hard thing to deal with." She tells me. I nod. "That makes sense then." I say quietly. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "I didn't know what I was gonna do but I knew it wasn't going to be good." I nod. "Did you do anything physically to yourself?" I ask her. She doesn't say anything for a while probably contemplating what to say. "Cher, it's ok! I'm not mad nor will I judge." I tell her reaching over and taking her hand. I squeeze it gently. "Yeah, I did. I haven't kept any food down... on purpose." She whispers. I sigh. "Cher..." I whisper sadly as I rub my thumb against her hand. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "Don't be! There's nothing to be sorry about!" I tell her. "I feel like a burden." She says quietly. "You could never be a burden to me Cher, this sucks, for both of us! But it's not your fault, and I would tell you if this all became to much for me." I explain to her. "Even then I still would be by your side! Because I love you and I can't Imagine my life without you in it!" I tell her. "You're just saying that." She whispers, her voice shaking. "Cher, why would I lie about this?" I ask her. "To keep me alive." She tells me. "That's true, but I'm not Cheryl. I'd never lie to you about my love for you!" I tell her. "Really?" I nod. "Of course." I whisper.

I look at Cheryl as she signs the paperwork. She takes a deep breath as she hands me her phone, keys, wallet and just all of her personal items. "I'll be here tomorrow afternoon to see you." I tell her. She nods. I kiss her forehead. "I love you and this is gonna suck but it's gonna be ok!" I tell her. She nods. "I love you." I say again. "I love you." She whispers. "Can you make sure my car gets driven and still runs?" I nod. "Yeah! I'll keep it at my place!" I tell her. "And can you call-." I stop her. "Yes! Of course! I will talk to Betty and explain what's going on and why you won't be in." I tell her. "Cheryl, just focus on getting better, I will make sure everything is arranged." I explain. "Can you bring Pops tomorrow?" She asks quietly. I smile a little bit. "Anything for you Cher." I whisper. "Cheryl Blossom?" A nurse says quietly. "Here!" She whispers. "Come back here." He says. Cheryl looks at me for reassurance. I nod as she starts to walk in. I watch her go into the psychiatric ward and wait for her to be out of site. I wipe my tears.

I walk up to the counter at Pop's and sit down. I run my hands through my hair as I let out a big sigh. "You look like you've been through hell!" Veronica says putting a mug in front me and pouring some coffee. "Yeah." I whisper. I take a deep breath. "What happened?" She asks concerned. "I just got back from ah... from dropping Cheryl off at the hospital. Since the anniversary of Cliffords death is coming up she's been really, really depressed." I explain. Her eyes widen. "Oh my god!" I nod. "Ah! So I brought her to the hospital to get some help, hopefully she'll be ok." I explain. "How do you do this?" She asks quietly. "What do you mean?" I ask her. "You blindly take care of Cheryl like this! Are you ok?" She asks concerned. I look at her. "It's what you do when you love someone!" I tell her. "Yeah! But at what cost?" I take a deep breath. "I love her." I say quietly. "I can't- I won't leave her like this!" She nods. "You should probably go talk to a therapist yourself Toni, you're not going to be ok." She tells me. "Never hurts to see one anyways." She whispers. I look at her. "I can send you mine." I nod. "Thank you." She smiles. "Of course." She whispers. "Besides that what else is going on?" She asks quietly. "What? Nothing!" I tell her sitting up. "Toni!" I take a deep breath. "Serpents, the ghoulies have been getting further and further into Serpent territory. And we might lose the Wyrm." I explain. "Which is something I needed to talk to you about." I say quietly. "The Speakeasy downstairs, what's going on about that?" I ask her. "Not drawing in as much business as we'd like." She tells me. "Could I buy it off of you and make it into a new Wyrm if need be?" I ask her. "Yeah! Call me and we'll negotiate a deal!" I nod. "Thank you V!" I tell her.