440: The One Where Toni's Mom Dates Again

TONI POV:

I look at my brother Sammy. "What?" I ask confused. "You're ok with mom dating?" He ask slightly pissed. "Um... yeah. She's an adult! Dad died what? 10 years ago? We're both almost adults and I think dad would be ok with this because he wasn't an asshole like you." I tell him. "You're really not mad?" He ask quietly. I shrug. "Not really." I say awkwardly. "I mean, I'm not happy about it! But I'm not mad and she seems happy so I'm ok." I tell him. "But dad!" He says. "

I look at Cheryl as she walks into the living room and sits next to me. "You ok?" She ask quietly. "No." I say sitting back. "What's wrong?" She ask looking at me. "My mom's dating again. I'm happy for her I just wish she talked to us first, it kinda just happened!" I explain. "Tell her then." I look at her. "I didn't think of that." She nods. "Ok, tell me your problems, I might not listen that well, but that's only because you're gonna say something and my mind is gonna go on a weird train of thought." She smiles. "I know." She says quietly. "I don't really have anything to complain about." She says quietly. "Really?" I ask her. She shakes her head. We sit there awkwardly. "Wanna go shopping?" I ask her. "I love you." She says smiling.

I walk into my mom's bedroom. "Mom? Can we talk?" She looks up at me and nods. I go over to her bed and sit down. "Ok, first of all, I would like to tell you that I am happy for you! Like actually! But I wish you talked to me and Sammy before you went and started dating again, instead of just throwing it at us." I tell her honestly. She sighs. "I didn't I was gonna start dating yet! Honestly it just happened and I needed to tell you guys. I'm sorry." I nod. "I'm not mad! I'm actually really happy for you!" I tell her. She smiles. "Sammy's pissed!" I say quietly. "I know."

"Why don't you think I could go out with her?" Sammy ask as we look at Veronica. "Because you're you." I tell him. "Can you talk to her for me?" He ask quietly. "I'm not gonna ask her out for you." He shakes his head. "No! Just mention me and stuff." He suggests as the bell rings. "I'll think about it." I tell him grabbing my bag. "You have class with her put in a good word!" He says before walking away. I walk to class and sit down. I look over as Veronica sits next to me. Sam is lucky she's my lab partner. "I heard you and your brother talking about me." She says smiling. "Oh." I whisper. She grabs a paper and pencil and writes her number down. "Tell him, I'm free tomorrow night and to call me." I look at her. "Why him?" I ask her. "Because he's cute." She says quietly. "Really?" I ask looking at her disgusted. "Him?" I ask. "Yeah!" She smiles. "Why?" I ask her. "Because he's nice to me. You know, when he's not fumbling over his words talking to me." I smile. "He does that with anyone, but it's worse with you." I explain. "Like you when you first talked to Cheryl." She says quietly. I nod. "Yeah!" I smile.