465: The One Where They Just Talk

TONI POV:

I sit down on the bed, Cheryl's sitting with her back to me so I wrap my arms around her, as she leans into me. I kiss her neck. "How was work?" She ask quietly. "Long. I really don't feel like talking about it. Cher." I tell her as I kiss the back of her shoulders. She moves her arms up. "What do you want to talk about then?" She ask quietly. "Your day? Mi corazón." I ask her. "I still don't know what that means." She says quietly. I smile a little bit. "You're a big girl you can look it up." I say jokingly. She smacks my cheek softly. "Can you just tell me?" She ask quietly. "My heart." I whisper. "You're so sweet." She says quietly. "I love you so much." I tell her. "I love you too so much." She tells me. I smile as I kiss her neck again. "You know, I love how you can do that and it's not just to turn me on." She says quietly. "What do you mean?" I ask quietly. "Like it's not just a sex thing." She tells me. "True. It's just being affectionate." I say smiling. "Ok, enough about sex, tell me about your day." I say quietly. "What did you do?" I ask smiling and genuinely wanting to know about her day. Cheryl and I have 2 days off, one we have together and the other we don't. Today was a day where we don't. "Not much. I cleaned out the fridge, it smelled like something died in there again." She tells me. "Did you figure out what?" I ask her. "I blocked it out of my memory, we need to clear and clean that out more often. Like once a week, we need to go through it every two weeks or something." She tells me. I nod. "What else?" I ask her. "Showered, loaded the dishwasher, ran the dishwasher, took a nap, watched tv." She tells me. "Did you go work out?" I ask her. "Shit! I was supposed to do that today!" She says quietly. "We can go tomorrow." I suggest. "I don't really want to though." She says quietly. I nod. "Good, I don't either." I say quietly. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" I ask her. "I don't know yet." She says quietly. "Anything you want to talk about?" She ask quietly. "I don't know." I say as my voice shakes a little and I hope she doesn't notice. "Toni, I feel like there is, you're voice and you seem tense." She says quietly. "Is it work?" She ask quietly. I take a deep breath. "No! It's not." I say quietly. "Then what is wrong?" She ask quietly. "I need to tell you something but I don't know if I'm ready to tell you because I don't know if it's true." I explain. "Anything bad?" I shake my head. "No." I say quietly. "Then what?" She ask quietly. "I don't think you're gonna want to hear it though because I don't know if you're there yet." I tell her. "What?" She ask quietly. "I think we should have a baby." I say quietly. She sits there for a minute. "Oh!" She whispers. "I don't know if I'm there yet." She says quietly. "That's why I said that you might not be there." I tell her. "I want kids, just not for a while." She says quietly. "Can you wait?" She asks quietly. "How long?" I ask her. "Like a year or two." She says quietly. I take a deep breath. "Cher... I don't know." I tell her. She looks at me. "I really want a kid!" I whisper. "Can you wait 6 months at least?" She ask quietly. I nod. "I can wait that long."

I smell a candle and immediately start gagging. "That bad?" Cheryl ask smiling. "The boys locker room in high school smelled better than!" I tell her. "Why do you know that?" She ask confused. "Sweet Pea and Fangs thought it would be funny to see if I could fit in the lockers in there." I tell her honestly. "Could you?" She ask quietly. "Yeah." I say grinning. "How did they not get you killed?" She ask quietly. "If they thought I would fit they would stuff me into it." I say smiling. "Doesn't answer my question." She says quietly. "I don't know, they put me in a lot of things. I fit in those baby swings, I didn't even need to be cut out of it!" I say smiling. "You ok?" I ask her realizing she's a little off. "I've been thinking about the other night." She says quietly. I nod. "And?" I ask her. "Do I have to be the one who has the baby?" She ask quietly. I shake my head. "No." I say quietly. "Do we have to do this right now? Can we keep the 6 month thing and really think about our options and how we want to do it?" She asks quietly. "We don't have to do this right now and we can wait and make a decision within the next 6 months." I say nodding. "I just want a baby, I don't care how." I tell her honestly. She nods. "This is a weird decision to make in the middle of a Walmart." She looks at me. I nod. "Probably not the weirdest honestly." I say quietly. "Yeah..." She whispers.